Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I run Heaven, it displays my integrated Intel HD 3000 instead of my GTX 460 video card. This makes me worried that I'm running the integrated graphics when I'm playing games and movies. Is there a way I can change it? Or am I freaking out over nothing.

Here's a picture of the Heaven results. http://i.imgur.com/5WIL3.png

·
Super Moderator
3,634 Posts
Do you have the IGP disable on BIOS?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint19 View Post

Do you have the IGP disable on BIOS?
Would that be under M.I.T.?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbaltazar View Post

you used wrong hdmi or dvi!you have to connect via the gpu not the top one on the mobo
I have my VGA cable connected to a DVI port on my GTX 460 via an adapter and then plugged into the monitor's VGA port.

·
Super Moderator
3,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alectrolytes View Post

Would that be under M.I.T.?
I have my VGA cable connected to a DVI port on my GTX 460 via an adapter and then plugged into the monitor's VGA port.
Not sure about what motherboard you have, but maybe on CPU features or specifications. Take a look of all the options in your BIOS, sure that you can find it.

·
Unimportant
17,772 Posts
I know this is out of left field...but its not a laptop like a lenovo right?

I picked one up recently with an i7 and 555 and it has both. There is a switch on the front of the laptop that you hit to switch the 555 on, otherwise the 3000 is on to make for long battery life. When the 555 on, the 3000 runs as a physic card lol.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans81 View Post

I know this is out of left field...but its not a laptop like a lenovo right?
I picked one up recently with an i7 and 555 and it has both. There is a switch on the front of the laptop that you hit to switch the 555 on, otherwise the 3000 is on to make for long battery life. When the 555 on, the 3000 runs as a physic card lol.
No. It is a desktop.
Quote:

Not sure about what motherboard you have, but maybe on CPU features or specifications. Take a look of all the options in your BIOS, sure that you can find it.
It is a Gigabyte Z68AP-D3. I found 2 options in the mobo, Initial Display First (which I set to PCIE x16) and Onboard VGA (which I set to enable if no external PEG). Then I ran Heaven again and it displayed the GTX 460. I'm not sure which of the following options made it work. But it's kind of weird that the score is about the same ._.

I forgot I ran the benchmark a twice before. It displayed GTX 460 on those and I got a score of 735 twice. The third time was in the original post of this thread with a score of 705. That one displayed Intel HD 3000. The fourth time I ran just now and it gives me a score of 704...I'm super confused now. Should I clock my graphics card down? Also, how do I display my rig in my sig?

·
Super Moderator
3,634 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: alectrolytes

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

For the rig in your sig, follow this link: http://www.overclock.net/lists/component/manage/type/RIG
For the score, I'd do a test with the GPU overclocked a little.
Thanks saint19 for the rig advice. My first 2 tests on Heaven were at either stock or 800/1600/4000. The third and fourth were at 850/1700/4000. A higher clock should have a higher score right?

·
Super Moderator
3,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alectrolytes View Post

Thanks saint19 for the rig advice. My first 2 tests on Heaven were at either stock or 800/1600/4000. The third and fourth were at 850/1700/4000. A higher clock should have a higher score right?
Usually yeah, but not always happen. Set your GPU clock at 900MHz or above for the test and try again, I'm pretty sure that your score is ok and was only a "program" problem, I don't think that HD3000 can do that score on unigane.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Usually yeah, but not always happen. Set your GPU clock at 900MHz or above for the test and try again, I'm pretty sure that your score is ok and was only a "program" problem, I don't think that HD3000 can do that score on unigane.
That's a bit far. I don't know the scores on the HD 3000, but now I know I'm running my GTX 460
biggrin.gif
I appreciate all the help guys
thumb.gif

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Quite possibly the gigabyte board has lucid built in, like most GB Z68 mobo's, and is dynamically switching between integrated and dedicated gpu based on performance and energy consumption needs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts