Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed transcode360 today, beause i wanted to stream divX to my xbox 360, but it doesnt work and i am now having trouble removing it. Im going to try to provide as much info as possible.

Version: Transcode360 4.6 beta

SO, when i try to uninstall it, i get the error "Please stop the transcode360 service before trying to uninstall it." I go into task manager. THere is n process, only a service. I locate it and find it is already turned off, yet when i try to uninstall again, it gives me the same error code. When i look further into the error log, I see that the transcoding and broadcasting service needs to be turned on, for the program to uninstall. I go and turn it on, because Transcode360 disables this process. When i start up the Transcoding and Broadcasting service, the Transcode360 service starts back up.

After turning on the transcoding and broadcasting service, i look in the error log and see that it sucessfully turned off the transcoding and broadcasting service, but then the error was that the Transcode360 process was still going. I look in task manager, and clearyly see that this process has stopped.

I am really stuck here and im not sure if there is even way out of this. Mabye deleting registry entries made by the program?

My thoughts:

-I think the Transcode360 process might be overriding the Transcoding and Broadcasting service, and thats why i dont see the transcoding and broadcasting service in task manager, but i do see it when editing services.

-This might be removeable by registry entries because it is overriding the service and that should be in the registry (correct me if i'm wrong).
Screens:

Transcoding and Broadcasting on (Which also turns on transcode360):

Transcoding and broadcasting off Which turns off transcode360):

So this seems like an unsolvable problem. To uninstall you have to A. Have transcode360 turned off and B. have Transcoding and Broadcasting on. When i turn Transcoding and broadcasting on, transcode360 turns on and vice versa.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
/Fixd. Went into registry and deleted it from the services, which then made the service stopped running, and i could uninstall. And for future reference, just get a video converter and convert to WMV, it saves a lot of hassle.

·
No u
4,133 Posts
You have a 8800 GT... get a DVI > HDMI Converter, HDMI cable costs 1.25 on Meritline, and watch everything through MPC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts