Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it ok if I unlink the dram and set it as the rated speed while I only overclock the fsb? are there any disadvantages to that?

edit: also, I am having trouble changing the vcore. my cpu defaults at 1.22 no matter what I change the vcore value to in the bios(1.20 and above), it always makes the computer crash right after saving the bios settings. Why does it do that?

·
Registered
505 Posts
you dont want to unlink them, leave them alone and just downclock the ram if you have to

try turning off your auto voltage settings or something in safety features (can be set to auto lower voltage at dangerous temps/voltages)

its bios related, you may not be booting correctly, try setting EVERYthing to stock, then raising the vcore, see if it works

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
NVidia boards will run and OC BETTER unlinked in my experience. Both the 750i (can hit 4.5 with E8400) and the Striker Extreme/E8400 in my sig below run unlinked.

The Striker has the RAM running 1:1 with FSB, but still unlinked. The 750i FTW has DDR2 1100 running at full speed unlinked.

As far as your crashing, have you read any NVidia board overclocking guides? Do you have everything set up manually properly? 630i may not be the best clocker TBH.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts