Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

i have an unlocked Iphone, and itunes is now telling me there is an update, so im thinking what happens if i upate my iphone? Does it remove the jailbreak and then just updates it as normal, or does it remove other things aswell, i.e things ive downloaded not from app store?

i want the jailbreak removing, its made my phone too slow, but i dont want the update to remove anything other than the fact my phones jailbroken?

thanks

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
your phone must be jailbroken to use the carrier unlock. Updating will remove all that and also update your baseband, preventing you from unlocking again until a new exploit is made.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by $ilent View Post
Hi all

i have an unlocked Iphone, and itunes is now telling me there is an update, so im thinking what happens if i upate my iphone? Does it remove the jailbreak and then just updates it as normal, or does it remove other things aswell, i.e things ive downloaded not from app store?

i want the jailbreak removing, its made my phone too slow, but i dont want the update to remove anything other than the fact my phones jailbroken?

thanks
Jailbreak made it SLOW? What the.....
Anyways, updating will remove the Jailbreak and anything you installed with it. It will then be a normal iPhone.

·
Premium Member
15,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
righ ill ry do the update then...just normal stuff like going into settings even opening games have made it slower.

And im fairly certain these performance issues are regardless of wether winterboard is on or not.

·
Premium Member
11,951 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by $ilent View Post
Hi all

thanks
Jailbreaking doesn't make the phone slow, but some of the apps you've installed with it, like Winterboard, can.

Either way, removing the jailbreak will remove the unlock too, unless your phone is factory unlocked.

·
Premium Member
15,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right im not too fussed about the unlock bit, all Im concerned about was losing apps, but im guessing ill only lose the apps available from the jailbeak anyways!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts