Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Doom Slayer
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would I go about doing that? Because it has a 9X Locked multiplier, so I can only change the FSB right now for OC..thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by doom3crazy
How would I go about doing that? Because it has a 9X Locked multiplier, so I can only change the FSB right now for OC..thanks!
Theres a FAQ on that, but I don't think it can be done on a sempron.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Not on the revised ones...
Any Thoughtbred can be unlocked by reuniting the L3 or L11 bridges as an alternative if i recall right.

·
Doom Slayer
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what would I need to get a OC of 2.0? It runs stock at 1.5, and I can only change the FSB, so I need to know what speed and how much of some type of ram I would need.....

·
Premium Member
7,252 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by doom3crazy
what would I need to get a OC of 2.0? It runs stock at 1.5, and I can only change the FSB, so I need to know what speed and how much of some type of ram I would need.....
Since you have a soket A sempron it should have a 333 fsb. If you buy a DDR400 and clock it to DDR333 then I think you can start rising the FSB. I would go for some value ram, since you will never use it at full speed anyway. On soket A the best results memory-wise are atteined when the ram and the fsb are set synchron (fsb333-ddr333)

I don't think you can go up to 2gigs. I tried with a sempron 2400 on a asus a7nx-x (stock 1.66GHz if I recall) but it went to about 1.9gigs, so be carefull, and keep an eye out on those temps.

·
Doom Slayer
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmm. OK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts