Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site, I'm good at understanding computers so I hope I can fit in well here. BTW, I'm new to AMD as I have had Pentium 2 to XEON processors.
So I heard my Processor has 2 locked cores. I want to use them. As a safety precaution if it is possible to unlock the cores, then I will under clock it to 2.5 GHz and make my Fan Speed MAX. So if it is possible to unlock the cores, then how do I do it?

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
You should try buying the phenom II x2 555 be...and try to unlock the cores....its a great chip for a very low price

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply, but I heard the 7750 can be unlocked. Since both are Kuma processors and the only difference is the 100 MHz then shouldn't I be able to unlock the 7850?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Killer Computer View Post
I am not quite sure if it supports ACC or NCC, if anyone knows please reply.

Thanks
Go into the system bios and look for an option that says "ACC" or "Advanced Clock Calibration"

Edit: According to google this board does have the option.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found the option. Even if Google says so, I found it in my bios. So once I turn it on, it instantly becomes quad-core? Also how do I under clock my processor to 2.5 GHz with Amd Overdrive?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Killer Computer
View Post

Anyone?

Set it to "Auto" and reboot, and just hope that it works. Once it boots into windows open the task manager and see how many cores it shows. If it doesn't boot then the cores are most likely bad.

With AMD overdrive just lower the multiplier to underclock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did what you said, my computer booted up. But I didn't see any extra cores in cpu-z, antivirus task manager, or windows task manager. Thanks for the help but I guess I'll put it back to default.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts