Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is.. Would there be any performance difference if I got someone on OCN to unlock my GPU with KBT?

Does it really matter when gaming?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarazhi View Post

My question is.. Would there be any performance difference if I got someone on OCN to unlock my GPU with KBT?

Does it really matter when gaming?
It allows you to 'unlock' some options when overclocking, for instance some cards don't allow you to change the voltage when overclocking, unlocking the card would allow you to do that.

It would potentially make a difference if you are overclocking, if you are not however it won't do anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrakx View Post

It allows you to 'unlock' some options when overclocking, for instance some cards don't allow you to change the voltage when overclocking, unlocking the card would allow you to do that.
I know that, I was asking performance wise. Does it really make that much of a difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarazhi View Post

I know that, I was asking performance wise. Does it really make that much of a difference.
Edited the post about the time you posted, but.
"It would potentially make a difference if you are overclocking, if you are not however it won't do anything."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes that's what i'm asking, if I were to do some overclocking would I see anything performance wise? I know what I can do if I get it unlocked i'm just asking if it makes any difference, would I be able to see a clear difference in games..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Of course you would see a difference in games. Depending on the overclock, you could see a decent gain of FPS in a game, particularly if you also overclock the CPU and even the RAM.

Higher clock = faster completion of tasks = higher FPS = smoother game-play = happier gamer

I'm going to suggest that you use this thread to get started. Or, perhaps the "Non Ti" club that exists. Here is that thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know what it all means, I'm just asking is it a clear difference in FPS i'm not planning on OC'ing my CPU and my RAM are OC'ed to 2400mhz. What I want to know is will I see a big difference like, 5-10 FPS cause my GPU doesn't get very hot as it is.. And I don't think it would hurt to have voltages unlocked and maybe higher shaderclock etc..

Not like i'm a big noob.. I just want to know would it be worth it for someone who's just a casual gamer, that mostly browse and mod the games I do play..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarazhi View Post

Not like i'm a big noob.. I just want to know would it be worth it for someone who's just a casual gamer, that mostly browse and mod the games I do play..
As a casual gamer you might want to try and keep your product under waranty.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,390 Posts
What a coincidence, I just drew a 10 foot tall Yoda on my driveway with my 2-year old son a few days ago.

Sad it rained and washed him away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
This was solved more than a week ago..
Assuming the OP doesn't have any more questions perhaps we should stop posting?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrakx View Post

This was solved more than a week ago..
Assuming the OP doesn't have any more questions perhaps we should stop posting?
Yep I got my answer so..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,390 Posts
Oh gee golly guys, Im soooooo sorry, I clicked on the thread and only saw the previous few posts that werent really old at all.

So sorry to have created enough attention for even the post police to come and keep it alive. Its just a thread, useless or not.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top