Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a little about this but dont really know what is needed to unlock locked cores or what cpu's have locked cores. So my questions are this.

What all is needed to unlock a cpu that has locked cores?

What cpu's have locked cores?

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
amd 7750/7850, phenom II 550/710/720 i believe those are all the ones that are unlock-able currently then of course you need a board that can unlock mine can with the newest bios and there's a few others that i cant remember off the top of my head lol, and finally the core has to be good for it too unlock unless blue screens galore D:

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
The cpu's with locked cores are some of the phenom II, such as the 720be, 550be. In order to unlock the cores you need a motherboard with acc, most commonly found in sb790 boards. You also need the correct bios.

There are more details, but this is just a quicky.

·
Registered
785 Posts
sb 710-and 750 with acc turned on I have a 550 be unlocked works fine only problem is the temps don't show up right. I've ran stress test on it for days and I've been folding on all 4 cores at 100% for a week now. My sig board can unlock the cores but you want the 0703 bios NOT the 1001 bios the newest asus bios have fixed the "problem" with acc. Gigabyte 790x-ud4p unlocked it just fine in 15 mins. There are a few post about which board can unlock it and there are a few post on the web that have more info such as which batch is better to unlock.

http://www.overclock.net/amd-motherb...i-x3-mobo.html

·
Registered
913 Posts
Don't the Conroe-Ls have an unlockable core? I thought they were faulty dual cores or something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts