Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Welcome to the club exclusive for the owners of low end Nvidia cards.Often neglected and cast aside for more powerful cards,these little cards can still be great for a variety of tasks including gaming. I was very sad to see no owners club thread existed for these cute little cards so i took this oppurtunity to make one
smile.gif

I am a proud owner of a Gigabyte GT 730 1gb gddr5 that i bought last week and its a great little card for gaming at below full hd resolutions.
Gigabyte GT730.png

Mods can however delete this thread if they think these cute little cards do not deserve an Owners club thread
frown.gif

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Excellent. I am sooooo glad that I found this club. I will be back in a minute (or 30) with some pictures of the awesome EVGA GT 710!!

Edit: I am back ... here is the post I put in my build log. Anything less just doesn't do this mighty card justice ...

LiqAsrt-Header.jpg

The Might EVGA Gt 710 Graphics Card!!

My motherboard does not have integrated graphics. I am undecided on which of the stupidly expensive
biggrin.gif
graphics cards I am going to get. But ... what good is a new computer if I can't display anything on the screen. In steps Might Joe Black ... sorry ... I mean Might GT710. For all of $30 ... I am now the proud owner of this beast.

500x1000px-LL-30660939_kv_01.jpeg

Here is the box ... front and back.

LiqAsrt-0380-GT710.jpg

Is that picture on the back an indication of the might-ness of the GT710?

LiqAsrt-0381-GT710.jpg

NO! This card is even more mighty than that!

LiqAsrt-0382-GT710.jpg

He has escaped. Beware ... might GT710 on the loose ...

But wait ... what is that writing in the middle of the fan? He is hampered by a 'remove before use sticker'. No wonder I wasn't getting the performance from Mighty GT710 that I expected. That stupid sticker was holding him back.

LiqAsrt-0383-GT710.jpg

Removed!

LiqAsrt-0384-GT710.jpg

Back shot just in case anyone needs to measure for a backing plate ...

LiqAsrt-0385-GT710.jpg

Installed. And it was a mighty struggle to get him in his final resting place ... let me tell you!!!!!

LiqAsrt-0386-GT710.jpg

And here is a wider shot showing the Might GT710 in his full, natural habitat.

LiqAsrt-0387-GT710.jpg

LiqAsrt-0388-GT710.gif
LiqAsrt-Footer.jpg

·
Ultra wide wide wide.....
5,277 Posts
doh.gif
stun.gif

·
Registered
2 Posts
My GT 710 has passive cooling, but I think I can stick an old case fan on it. I'll do some benchmarks some time soon. It get 25-50 fps in CS:GO at medium settings and 35-125 fps in TF2 at medium-high settings. Ignore the post I made above this one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts