Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, afternoon, or evening! I hope everyone is having a pleasant day. I'd like to offer a bit of advice when posting images to the Overclock.net forums.

Let me begin with a preface. Many of us browse Overclock.net at our workplace or school. Often times, these environments have internet restrictions (for various reasons) that prevent users from accessing specific web pages and (especially) file hosting services. Some examples of inaccessible sites are Imgur and Photobucket. With these sites being blacklisted, many users of Overclock.net don't have the ability to see the amazing builds and screenshots that we all appreciate.

To prevent this tragedy, Overclock.net has a function where images can be uploaded to the Overclock.net server and displayed. The limit of this function is unbeknownst to me, but it is most likely sufficient for 99% of scenarios applicable to Overclock.net. Some of the benefits to prefering this tool include: the incident of a broken link becoming less likely, a wider audience to appreciate your content, and the ease of use when uploading to the Overclock.net servers.

To summarize, many of us here at Overclock.net are not able to appreciate images uploaded to Imgur, Photobucket, and other services. In order to prevent this issue, please use the provided image uploader in the post editor/ creator in order to assure that your* creations can be seen by all of Overclock.net, all of the time.

*Overclock.net does not permit uploading...

Quote:

...any copyrighted or offensive material.
If you do not know how to use the image uploader, here are tutorials using the Rich Text Editor and BB Code Editor.

1. Click the "Insert Image" button in the Rich Text Editor toolbar.

The mouse is hovering over the "Insert Image" button.

2. Choose from the three options for uploading your file. For this instance, I will be uploading from my laptop and will click "Upload Files..."

The mouse is hovering over the "Upload Files..." option.

3. Choose an image from your device, then select the condensed resolution (the full resolution can be seen by clicking on the image in the post) the image will be displayed at in your post. Once this is completed, click "Submit."

The mouse is hovering over the "Submit" option.

4. Enjoy your published image on the Overclock.net forums!

1. Click the "Insert Image" button in the BB Code Editor toolbar.

The mouse is hovering over the "Insert Image" button.

2. Choose from the three options for uploading your file. For this instance, I will be uploading from my laptop and will click "Upload Files..."

The mouse is hovering over the "Upload Files..." option.

3. Choose an image from your device, then select the condensed resolution (the full resolution can be seen by clicking on the image in the post) the image will be displayed at in your post. Once this is completed, click "Submit."

The mouse is hovering over the "Submit" option.

4. Enjoy your published image on the Overclock.net forums!

*Remember to check the "Import Images" button at the bottom of the BB Code Editor. This ensures your images are uploaded to the Overclock.net servers.

·
I might have tacos tonite
22,339 Posts
Also you can resize the image to whatever you want. Large by default gives me this:

But I can change the width and height by hand, from 500x1000 to 2000x4000:

To get a more visable image of:

·
Gaming Addict
778 Posts
I've been using the Overclock uploader to load images into the screenshot thread and it's great. I'd love to know what the storage limits are for this if anyone knows. Thanks
thumb.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts