Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, I need help with this problem that is very, very rare

3 weeks ago I bought an i7 12700k, a z690 gigabyte gaming x ddr4 and an asus rog lc 360 watercooler,

the rest of my pc are rams 2x8gb t force xcalibur 4000mhz, a 1060 3gb and the monitor is an aoc 144 overclocked at 170hz since 2 years

everything worked great, smooth and fast for 3 weeks, and out of nowhere, without touching anything in hardware/software, I started getting really bizarre input lag, like I'm playing at 75hz and not 170hz, when I play and spin the mouse, the movement is totally slow, it is impossible to aim in any game (I have tried with 2 different mice, superlight gp ro and zowie za13), the strangest thing is that the FPS remains at a very good level (csgo, valorant, overwatch) but the fluidity in all games is really slow, as if I were playing on a 60hz monitor

So far, I only know that the causes are not:

video card (tried to play with the integrated graphics of the i7 12700k and still with the same input)

ssd: try 3 different drives

internet: I have tried playing some of these games with the internet off, but my input lag situation has not changed at all

windows: try install multiple versions of windows

I don't know if this is enough (RAM) but I have tested them with memtest86 for 30 minutes and it hasn't given me any errors

-----

Regarding the overclock of my monitor, logically I have removed it to see if it improved, but the input lag continued, however I do not rule out that the monitor has deteriorated due to being overclocked for 2 years

for my processor, I have had it running for those 3 weeks at 4.7ghz and 4.0ghz (ecores) with 1.32 voltage and load line calibration in extreme mode, vccsa in auto, temperatures have never exceeded 60 degrees and its "power usage" I never exceed 60W, maybe these configurations deteriorated my processor and this is the cause of my problem? I do not know what to think

I have updated my bios to the latest version to see if it changed my situation, I tried with the default values but it continued with input lag, then I put my old configuration and it improved my situation with the input lag but very little, I still have a great input lag

If necessary I can leave a video/images of my current configuration in bios.

I don't really know what could be the problem, processor? motherboard? my monitor? something else? I really need help, thanks for taking the time to read

·
Registered
517 Posts
Not sure if this can help, i had issue like low FPS in crisis only, this thing fixed it.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
for my processor, I have had it running for those 3 weeks at 4.7ghz and 4.0ghz (ecores) with 1.32 voltage and load line calibration in extreme mode, vccsa in auto, temperatures have never exceeded 60 degrees and its "power usage" I never exceed 60W,
Why do you need 1.32vcore at 4.7GHz?
That voltage is extremely high.
You also do not want your LLC in extreme mode.
With your settings, it is impossible you never "exceed" 60W.

Try setting the BIOS to default as a first.

·
Overclocker
5,302 Posts
Is your cpu and gpu at stock when this happens? Or is it overclocked? If OC'd try to put the bios for the cpu on stock settings. And, your gpu and vram at default.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why do you need 1.32vcore at 4.7GHz?
That voltage is extremely high.
You also do not want your LLC in extreme mode.
With your settings, it is impossible you never "exceed" 60W.

Try setting the BIOS to default as a first.
Hello, thanks for answering. In the post I had already clarified that I tried putting the BIOS settings in default, with 2 different BIOS versions (which automatically leads my processor to go to 1.25V, anyway, I kept having the same problem with that configuration). Regarding what you told me about the LLC, it is good to know, what value do you recommend?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is your cpu and gpu at stock when this happens? Or is it overclocked? If OC'd try to put the bios for the cpu on stock settings. And, your gpu and vram at default.
hello, thanks for answering :))), I even tried without the gpu (integrated graphics) and the problem kept persisting, so because of that I ruled out that it is the gpu, With the CPU, as I said in the publication, I have tried with its stock configuration and with 2 different bios versions, I have the problem when it is in default and when it is with oc :/

Also, im telling you this to see what you think about it: I just put my monitor and my ram memories in a friend's computer (ryzen 3500x, rx 570 8gb, he doesn't have ram memories yet, that's why I put mine) and I continued with the same input lag problem that I had on my computer

Seeing this, I think I could already rule out that it is a problem with the processor and the motherboard, everything would indicate that it is the monitor or the memories, what do you think about?
Or do you think it could be something else?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts