Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
10,016 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by losttsol
View Post

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions...-3/titan-pack/

Bonus content, new game types, and patch #4. This is a huge update to the game, about 1.2GB total in two separate downloads.

Can this be had on Unreal web sight. I don't want to have to become a member of file planet. Also is this a free upgrade/expansion or do I have to pay for it?

Thank you,

N2G

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by N2Gaming
View Post

Can this be had on Unreal web sight. I don't want to have to become a member of file planet. Also is this a free upgrade/expansion or do I have to pay for it?

Thank you,

N2G

You dont need to be a member of fileplanet to get it. The expansion is free
just download it here http://beyondunreal.com/view_story.php?id=12558

·
Premium Member
10,016 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just got back into Unreal and installed Unreal III for the first time last night! Do you need patch updates before this is ready to install first?

·
Premium Member
10,016 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eski
View Post

Just got back into Unreal and installed Unreal III for the first time last night! Do you need patch updates before this is ready to install first?

Good question. I was having Bsod's the first time I installed it. I had another BSOD tonight with a Nvidia Error code. I think it is driver related but if any one knows any thing about this please fill me in.

I also noticed my sound poping every time I reboot and it did not do that before I loaded/installed this game.

Thank you,

N2G

·
Premium Member
7,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I installed the patch first, then the upgrade and everything worked fine.

I encourage people to download this content and try it if you haven't played in a while. I played it last night and it definitely helps the game. Some of the new maps have unbelievable detail and look better than anything I've ever seen before in a video game. This was never my favorite game to begin with, but it definitely is better now. The new maps and game styles are designed in a way so that you can take cover better and the fighting is not so chaotic. Its hard to describe, but you'd just have to play it to see what I mean.

• Rep+
Reactions: N2Gaming

·
Premium Member
10,016 Posts
I agree. Once I got familliar w/the map's and the weapons I was Pwn'n fools left and right two & three at at time "double kill, rampage, I'm on fire" etc it was a blast. Thanks for the updates. Rep +

BTW do any of you guys have this game linked to steam ? I have a steam account = N2Gaming add me if you like then we can go play team death match and pwn some fools.

N2G

·
Premium Member
10,016 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SSJ5Broli
View Post

UT3 is a piece of crap.

GOOD FOR YOU! Everyone is entitled a oppinion and and you know what they say about oppinions and every one having one " some thing about your back side

·
Registered
335 Posts
**Edit wrong price! doh

I am trying to download this off of Steam as they are selling it for $11.99 bucks BUT the dl is crawling. No idea I normally average at least 300 kb/s

Face you got it at a good price!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Is it even active?
I mean, last time I installed the game only a handfull of servers showed up with people on it.

Maybe because I didnt patch it or anything, but most games useally ask you to. Or they patch it auto

·
Premium Member
10,016 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alwinp View Post
Is it even active?
I mean, last time I installed the game only a handfull of servers showed up with people on it.

Maybe because I didnt patch it or anything, but most games useally ask you to. Or they patch it auto
It is pretty active. you have to select the right options for you to see all the different games available. deathmatch, teamdeathmatch, capture the flag etc. to make it easy just select look for all game types when you search for servers.

Good Luck,

N2G

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
I'm installing UT3 Black edition from Steam (just bought it for $12)
Does it include the titan pack or will I have to install it separately? If so, what does black edition even mean?

·
Premium Member
10,016 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OJX
View Post

I'm installing UT3 Black edition from Steam (just bought it for $12)
Does it include the titan pack or will I have to install it separately? If so, what does black edition even mean?

It means it has a black lable on opening screen and that you are very very very very speacial.
Joking of course because I have no idea what BE Means. They are prolly selling the game bundled in a package deal w/BE hardware somewhere, that would be my guess.

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by N2Gaming
View Post

It means it has a black lable on opening screen and that you are very very very very speacial.
Joking of course because I have no idea what BE Means. They are prolly selling the game bundled in a package deal w/BE hardware somewhere, that would be my guess.

I looked it up, black edition means it includes the titan pack right away
And I've read that they have customized the menus for integration with steam and easier navigation. The console style navigation was what really threw me off from getting it back when it came out, and the lack of players. But now all the bugs should be fixed, theres more content, and after being out on steam, and especially this weekend, looks like it might be a decent game.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OJX
View Post

I looked it up, black edition means it includes the titan pack right away
And I've read that they have customized the menus for integration with steam and easier navigation. The console style navigation was what really threw me off from getting it back when it came out, and the lack of players. But now all the bugs should be fixed, theres more content, and after being out on steam, and especially this weekend, looks like it might be a decent game.

Well if the ridiculously slow download speeds is any indication of the amount of ppl downloading this... there should be plenty of people to game with lol.

I normally download 500 kb/s ish.. currently 12 !

**Edit**
Updating Demigod via Impulse @ 1.5 MB/s lawl

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yeah it took me atleast 7 hours to download the game off of Steam. It's free for the weekend on Steam so as you could imagine everyone is gunning for it.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts