Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I select a bunch of files (file type doesn't seem to matter) from local hard disk (have several ones), copy/paste to usb3 device (be it sticks or external hdd) and usually while it's copying, it stops and closes the copyying.. window. This happens almost 90% of the time IF COPYING LARGE FILES (in the GB's range).

It usually happens half way through all the files.

The reverse also happens, copying from usb3 devices to hdd's.

ALL the devices and hard disks are working, and no error message is displayed.

I used to have this problem with my older PC too (also AMD system and USB3, but all hardware including motherboard, different).

Running Windows 7 64 bit will all updates.

***?
thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I have changed the BIOS, usb, EHCI Hand off mode to ENABLED, and this helped, didn't notice any interruptions after that.

·
Registered
999 Posts
If this is a desktop computer, use the rear USB ports instead of the front USB ports of the case. See if that helps.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is desktop. I'm using front usb3 (directly plugged in to the motherboard). Also using rear usb3 ports with extension cable. Also used rear- plugged in directly..
I read somehwere something about windows 7 not supporting usb3 natively???

·
Software Developer
7,231 Posts
Try using Robocopy, it's built in to Windows using an Admin CMD prompt.

I have seen a variety of file transfer failures before. Robocopy is extremely robust and can take a small hiccup, with out stalling or losing the data transferred. It can even be paused and resumed as well as mirror entire directories, including the security.

More than likely they are bad USB 3.0 drivers that have a bug in them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts