Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was thinking, I have front intake fan on my case, and if I mount the Harddrive Above the fan its right near my video card so it is a pain to plug in the PCI-Express cable, Sata Cable and Sata Power cable. So to go below the fan I could mount on like bottom slot.

I also want to but a HDD cooler on my hard drive (they mount on bottom). So could I flip my harddrive upside down so the cooler is not against bottom of case?

Or is there some bad myths or even facts of mounting harddrives upside down?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
hdds can be mounted anyway fine.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright thats sick just wanted to make sure, didn't want to blow my harddrive....

on an off topic, when I formatted my 160GB SATA drive the 2nd time I got way less space to store. no idea why... i completly took everything off... I just went down... its at 127GB total capicity :S

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
If you see older models of computer you see how the mount there hard drives all crazy like if theres a circus going on, and for the HDD cooler, depending on which kind you get, they can be very very noisy because of the small size. I got one the other day and it annoyed me so much that I ended up returning it.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
you get more readable space on ur HD when you have 2 or more partitions... dunno why

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Next format I'll do that then. But is that pratical that I'd lose 31GB of space? thats a bit drastic no?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts