169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a new wired mouse. The ones that I'm interested in so far are:

Logitech G500
Logitech G9x
Razer Deathadder
Cyborg RAT series
Steelseries Xai

The G500 seems like a great choice, but the way I move my mouse combined with the off centre sensor seems like I would run in to problems. The deathadder seems like a good mouse but I'm a claw grip so it doesn't seems like the right shape for me. The G9x also has an off centre sensor but to the side, not sure if it would make a difference though. The cyborg seems decent but I get the feeling that all the different pieces would be poking my hand, and it looks flimsy. From the looks of it, the Xai is a nicely shaped basic mouse. Please reccomend any mouse you want and your reasoning behind it, I guess the sensor being the most important. Also, should I be looking at gaming mice only, or regular mice aswell?

Edit: forgot to mention the games I play are league of legends and a few fps mostly.

· Registered
599 Posts
My money's on the g500, just for the ergonomics. I think mice are a lot about a person's individual hand and how it sits comfortably, and mine is just butter with that series. I've heard good things about the deathadder and the xai. Tough decision.
smile.gif

· Registered
7,163 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nachoz
View Post

Logitech G500

Perfect mouse from me so far. One of the most comfortable mice to date but it doesn't have much support for the bottom of your hand.. that said, not many mice do. I personally recommend the G500 for shape, feel, looks and everything else in general.

Quote:

View Post

Razer Deathadder

I owned a Deathadder for a while but it wasn't personally to my taste. It isn't as ergonomic as some other options on the current market and it becomes uncomfortable after extended periods of use. It's fairly similar in size to the G500, but IMO it's less comfortable to use. It's suitable for some, and unsuitable for others. See if you can demo a Deathadder before you buy one, as there's a chance you might not like it in comparison to some other mice available.

Quote:

View Post

Cyborg RAT series

The only real thing the RAT series mice have going for them is the fact that you can openly customise the shape of the mouse to whatever you like, so you can't really go wrong. I don't know much about the sensor because I haven't personally tried one. I've not seen how expensive they are in the UK, but I'd expect them to be half if not double over the price of any other enthusiast/gamer grade mouse.

Quote:

View Post

Steelseries Xai

Perfect mouse for you if you're interested in the older Wheel Mouse Optical or the Intellimouse range. It's shaped very similar in both feel and size, but has updated internals, of course. Quite popular in the professional/competitive scene. Steelseries products are highly recommended.

Another mouse I recommend you try out is the Coolermaster Sentinel Advance. It surpassed most of my expectations, and forgive me if this sounds a little too harsh, but I didn't expect something so effective from Coolermaster.

· Registered
162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cuad
View Post

Wheel Mouse Optical or Intellimouse Optical

Just what you're looking for.

Winner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.