Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey wondering if i should jump into wcing...

is it safe to run it 24/7?
is it worth it? $200ish for the kit, my cpu temps are fine ( about 40 - 55 load pending ambient temp. ) my 460 gets a lil to hot and is quite loud though.. o_O
wat rads would i need? for cpu + gpu loop.

·
notNOTmbudden
14,432 Posts
I have been running 24/7 since I bought it back in early December. It's quite safe.
I believe it's worth it, but it's up to you to decide.
Depends on the kit. I'm assuming you're thinking about the XSPC kits?

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbudden
View Post

I have been running 24/7 since I bought it back in early December. It's quite safe.

mm thanks :)
umm was looking at the RX240 kit

·
notNOTmbudden
14,432 Posts
That's not a bad choice. Would be able to handle a CPU/GPU loop with ease. Not to mention, it's pretty fool proof. When you have all the pieces sitting in front of you. It's pretty easy to figure out how to put it together. Not to mention, if you take your time and leak check, you shouldn't have problems.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

View Post

That's not a bad choice. Would be able to handle a CPU/GPU loop with ease. Not to mention, it's pretty fool proof. When you have all the pieces sitting in front of you. It's pretty easy to figure out how to put it together. Not to mention, if you take your time and leak check, you shouldn't have problems.

:) mm thanks, ill have a think about it.
its either get wcing.. or a petrol remote control car ( start building it anyway )

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
Quote:

View Post

no he needs a rx 360

·
notNOTmbudden
14,432 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Liighthead
View Post

:) mm thanks, ill have a think about it.
its either get wcing.. or a petrol remote control car ( start building it anyway )

Either way, both are a hobby

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo23451
View Post

no he needs a rx 360

Are you kidding? A RX240 would do him just fine.
I was running my CPU & GPU on a RS240 & had pretty nice temps.
He doesn't need that big of a rad unless he was thinking of WC'ing SLI Fermi cards & some chip that puts off a lot of heat.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Quote:

View Post

For the XSPC kits, the 2X5.25 reservoir has cracking issues. This JUST happened to my bro's computer today, the reservoir cracked, and leaked water all over his Plextor DVD drive, and his floor and inside his case. Thank GOD his motherboard didnt get any on it. But ya these reservoirs I DO NOT recommend. Because of their cracking issues they have. he was talking about fixing his with some epoxy, and that jogged a thought in my mind about getting some acrylic sheets that are the proper size for the 2X5.25 drive bay reservoir and making my own reservoir using the acrylic sheets and epoxy resin.

·
notNOTmbudden
14,432 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyro_dude
View Post

For the XSPC kits, the 2X5.25 reservoir has cracking issues. This JUST happened to my bro's computer today, the reservoir cracked, and leaked water all over his Plextor DVD drive, and his floor and inside his case. Thank GOD his motherboard didnt get any on it. But ya these reservoirs I DO NOT recommend. Because of their cracking issues they have. he was talking about fixing his with some epoxy, and that jogged a thought in my mind about getting some acrylic sheets that are the proper size for the 2X5.25 drive bay reservoir and making my own reservoir using the acrylic sheets and epoxy resin.

Uh. There are over 175 people in the RASA kit thread and none have reported an issue about leaking from cracking. The only person that had a problem was someone that found there was a leak where the power cable goes. That was it.

I don't see why your brother didn't leak test before installing it into his PC. The kit does come with the PSU jump starter just for that. I believe in your brothers case, it was user error and not the fault of XSPC. They have had pump issues, but everyone has contacted XSPC and got it replaced. Not to mention showed up to their door step in 2-3 days from Hong Kong.

So before you start knocking their product. Make sure it's not user error. Because I know for a fact when I received mine, I took a good look around all the stuff and made sure it was good to go before it went into my PC.

·
Super Moderator
4,039 Posts
I would say they sometimes are hard to fit into the drive bays and my guess is he applied to much pressure which caused the crack.

·
notNOTmbudden
14,432 Posts
Yeah, that's the only time I can ever recall someone complaining about it cracking. But that would be user error and not the fault of XSPC. One of the members said it would take a lot to get into that thing. It's sealed shut.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Yeah, that's the only time I can ever recall someone complaining about it cracking. But that would be user error and not the fault of XSPC. One of the members said it would take a lot to get into that thing. It's sealed shut.

I'm with mbudden on this one.

I use the RX360 kit and I've been using it since late December with no issues and guess what, I STILL haven't filled it/topped it up. hahah

·
Premium Member
18,210 Posts
iv had my xspc mcp655 res sence dec and iv moved my pc alot shook it even hit the res with a screwdriver a few times and mine is perfect still. Im now running a mcp655-b inside a xspc res with a rx240 and rx360 cooling a i7 @ 4300mhz and a 5970 with a heatkiller block and my 5870 with a ek block all working great no leaks you setup the rig right you dont have to worry about leaks or even filling it back up after you get all the air out and top it off with water.

• Rep+
Reactions: Liighthead

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyro_dude
View Post

I have never heard of this. Only way it can crack and NOT be from impact damage or abuse is running alcohol in the system. Any acrylic reservoir will crack if thats used.

·
notNOTmbudden
14,432 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RealEyes
View Post

What would you suggest for cooling a Bulldozer + something like a 5770 XFire or a single 58xx or 59xx?

Since Bulldozer isn't released yet, we don't know how cool/hot it runs. But if you were doing CPU + 2xGPU, then a RS/RX360. If you're doing CPU + GPU you could get away with RS240/RX240

·
VROOM VROOM
6,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro_dude;13005841
cracking issues? you are an idiot sir. You are one person out of thousands of people that have these kits.

1 of over 175 people in the rasa kit thread, and you think they have issues? what the fail?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts