Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my 5870 Thursday @ around 11:46 am PST with rush processing. Now looking at the page it says shipped I wanted overnight shipping so i should get it today or am I gonna have to wait till monday?

I got my tracking number.. but when i look it up on the site it just says in transit and BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED[M]

No updates so far as to where its at.. Could it be they got it just in time to get it to my house today before 5 (this is UPS btw) and they havent updated anything yet? or *** is going on lol Any help would be appreciated as stated before And sorry if this is semi off-topic for this board I was unsure where else to post

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am assuming that this is from Newegg.

If it is, just check your credit card account. If they charged the rush processing fee, then your order probably got shipped.

From my experience with UPS, tracking updates aren't that always that fast. IMO, BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED doesn't really mean much either way.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes this is from newegg.. and yea the tracking updates are really sparse from my experience. but this was the first time i have had overnight delivery and had it done on a Thursday just a first for me lol.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I have had this following issue with newegg... I would order a part...it will go through all the processes and say shipped, but would recieve no tracking number to go with it...would have to institute a newegg chat session with a rep to get them to email the darn thing... this might be the same thing that happened to you..

·
AMD Gamer
608 Posts
I would just look on the ups site or fed ex which ever way its being shipped and see if there is an update to your shipment. being the holiday season and all they dont seem to be too concerned on providing the most up to date tracking details. I had a rush order last week and never seen any useful tracking information until the day it arrived.

·
Straight Outta Commadore
2,728 Posts
My Phenom 550Be and mobo showed "Shipped" and "Billing information Received" for 2 days before it had actually left the Newegg warehouse. After speaking with UPS, they informed me that even though it showed shipped, it didn't mean they had actually had their hands on it yet. It turns out that Newegg puts your order status as "Shipped" as soon as they box it and contact UPS to pick it up(put the pickup order in), even though it hasn't physically been touched by UPS yet.

As far as the Egg is concerned, once they box/label and send it to the shipping department, it's "Shipped". With overnight shipping, you may get it though. Just stating what Newegg's definition of shipped really is. I don't consider it shipped till it at least shows the first Departure scan. Which unfortunately may not show up on tracking till the day you get it as well. So it could go either way really. Slow updating or the Egg has done you like they did me with their Quasi-"Shipped".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts