Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so after a brief messup or 5 I finally got it up and running... but my temps are exactly the same as they were on air....

I only used about a BB of as5... what is the problem here

should I wait a while to see if the rad just needs to cool the water for alittle while?

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
What is your setup again? A bb sized amount should be just about perfect. Make sure the block is totally flat against the cpu. Did you get all the air out of the system? Finally, what are your temps? Ambient, idle, and load?

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

What is your setup again? Did you get all the air out of the system? Finally, what are your temps? Ambient, idle, and load?

Umm, you didnt answer my questions...

·
Registered
965 Posts
I'd put more thermal compound....

I put about a bb sized amount and I got 65idle temps..

Then I put about 2-3bb sizes all around it, and spreaded it out..
and now I get 38c idle

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dark Inquisitor

lets see I my room temps or case temps are 24*c

I have a hydor L35 pump.. and a heatercore with a push/pull config

Something is definitly quirky, because XMS has practically the same setup and gets a few degrees above ambient. Are you absolutely 100% sure that there is no air in the line??

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Is your water clear or milky white? If it's clear, then you don't have air in your system. Air could be the problem. If it is milky white, make sure to shake the radiator around quite a bit, and turn it upside down if possible. Are you using shrouds? That will cause a increase in temps also if you are not using shrouds. Something is really fishy here, those temps should be much lower.

• Rep+
Reactions: Inquisitor
1 - 20 of 66 Posts