Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my WC setup and I'm loving it! Load temps are 71c on the CPU (I7 920 @ 4ghz) and 60c on the video card (GTX 470 @ 900/2125mhz). These are with Prime95+Furemark ran simultaneously. Before, when I was on air cooling, both the cpu and gpu were approaching 100c when I ran the torture test...I ended up having to stop it just 2min in (the gpu was at stock speed too). So...quite an improvement

I still have a little tweaking to do on the clocks/voltages....but I likey so far. Had a few hiccups along the way, but nothing major. All in all it's been pretty sweet. I don't think I could ever go back to air cooling...

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morizuno
View Post

Nice pics, although I'd add a case upgrade in the future, external rads are hideous

thats your oppinion, external rads may not look as sleek, but they perform better than internal rads...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally I wanted to build my own case...but I'm lazy so I just stuck with the 900

I'm starting to kind of like it though...it's got an industrial look to it. I don't think anyones came over that hasn't said "*** is that".

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heh

Do you think the temps are about right for a RX360? I had some issues with the thermal paste (TX-4). I wasn't sure if I got it on too thick or not (**** wouldn't hardly spread).

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
those are horrible temps...

full load with both prime 95 and furmark running is about 47° on the CPU and 49° on my GPU...

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FiX
View Post

Fermi? One of the hottest running cards yet. And his i7 is at 4ghz.

even soo, i expect them to be lower.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts