Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the upcoming games? I looked around but didn't really find much useful up to date info. I thought that I read somewhere that Crysis 2 will use it, but don't know how accurate that is.

·
Registered
419 Posts
hmm I dont tihnk crysis will use it, since they already have like the best engine in the world (cryengine3). the game that uses it the most right now is mafia 2 I think. im not sure of upcoming games

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by sambaman009 View Post
hmm I dont tihnk crysis will use it, since they already have like the best engine in the world (cryengine3). the game that uses it the most right now is mafia 2 I think. im not sure of upcoming games
Yeah I figured that Crysis would use it's own physics, but hoped otherwise.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I want it to be more games! Gpu physx is better then Cpu physx by miles but not enough games take advantage of it! If more games took advantage of it, more people would purchase Nvidia cards! They would own the video card industry, they might already though since most games advertise works best with Nvidia!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by IlovetheChosenone View Post
I want it to be more games! Gpu physx is better then Cpu physx by miles but not enough games take advantage of it! If more games took advantage of it, more people would purchase Nvidia cards! They would own the video card industry, they might already though since most games advertise works best with Nvidia!
Wut. PhysX isn't that good.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MintMouse View Post
Wut. PhysX isn't that good.
HAHAHA, you ati fans are missing out(unless you have a nvidia physx dedicated card!). Batman Arkham Asylum looks sick with physx on high!

HD5770 ati card!!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Even though Batman and Mirror's Edge were pretty awesome with all the paper flying around, I would like to see a move to open formats that would work on ATI cards too. I can only guess that's what they're doing.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Katana View Post
Even though Batman and Mirror's Edge were pretty awesome with all the paper flying around, I would like to see a move to open formats that would work on ATI cards too. I can only guess that's what they're doing.
Agreed. PhysX is nothing but a novelty at this moment.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-block View Post
What are the upcoming games? I looked around but didn't really find much useful up to date info. I thought that I read somewhere that Crysis 2 will use it, but don't know how accurate that is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark076h View Post
Nvidia keeps tight wraps on upcoming games for some reason. I started a blog dedicated to game physics and post news as it becomes availible so you can keep checking: http://www.gamephys.com/
Mark is right, Nvidia is keeping their lips sealed when it comes to PhysX. I share your enthusiasm for PhysX OP. I've been playing Mafia 2 and it is a great visual experience.

Nice blog Mark. Keep it up

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by clerick View Post
Agreed. PhysX is nothing but a novelty at this moment.
Gaming is a novelty. I've played a few games with PhysX enabled already, and I would much rather have had PhysX in them than not. PhysX is relatively new, and the number of games supporting it that come out each year is only going to increase.

·
Banned
2,217 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Katana View Post
I don't. I just want to see Nvidia allow Physx dedicated cards to run alongside ATI cards.

Open standards can be good. They can also be crap and unsupported. Getting ATI and Nvidia to co-operate on a Physics engine would be near impossible. Nvidia currently own the best on the market. So I'd like to see it developed better and see performance increases on existing hardware, because I saw somewhere recommend a 260GTX for Physx and that's just stupid. An 8800GT should do it.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
as someone with a physx card in his rig let me just say it is total crap and not worth it at all. only reason i have the second card is for folding. no way i would ever spend 100 more just to have paper fly around or cloth move better.

·
Banned
2,217 Posts
^ It shouldn't need anything more than an 8800GT.

The 8800GT can play the latest blockbuster titles, yet can't seem to power Physx? Yeah, right.

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
^ It shouldn't need anything more than an 8800GT.

The 8800GT can play the latest blockbuster titles, yet can't seem to power Physx? Yeah, right.
The 8800GT can play what now?

Obvious troll is obvious.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by djsi38t View Post
The 470 and 480 don't need a physx card,they handle it fine on their own.
try mafia 2 with it on and even my system starts to crawl. turn physx off and i get great frame rates.

·
Banned
2,217 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaldari View Post
The 8800GT can play what now?

Obvious troll is obvious.
Er, in the computer upstairs there is an 8800GT that more than happily plays Bad Company 2, Modern Warfare 2, Oblivion, Just Cause 2 on high settings.

Go troll somewhere else. I'm saying that Physx shouldn't need a £200 card to work properly. An 8800GT should do it.

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by IlovetheChosenone View Post
you know that's bad right?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.