Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being frustrated by the stubborn x1900xtx ram during my last attempt at pelt cooling it, it was time to w/c the e6600, so the pelt is back!

A strange note on the x1900xtx is that if the core hits below -5c your machine will shut down before you finish loading windows. After some real frustration, I got around this by keeping the meanwell supply unplugged until I get into windows, plug it in while atitool is going and set the Gpu Vcore all the way up(I wish it went higher) then it will stay around 10c idle and it was on all night :]

The most important step, also the gooiest,
Spark plug di-electric grease is the same as swiftech's but much cheaper:

Make sure you cool your voltage regulator.... x1900xt(x) get hot

x1900xtx @ 765/774 super-stable e6600 @ 3.6 3dmark05

x1900xtx @ 765/774 super-stable e6600 @ 3.6 3dmark06

x1900xtx @ 765/774 super-stable e6600 @ 3.78 3dmark06

The rig:

LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Nive OC on the X1900 and the Conroe and 7000+ is a great 3DMark 06 score

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Shouldnt u be getting a wayy higher score than that? since u have an E6600 and a X1900XTX oced really high? I thought that it would reach the 8000+ range. sry.. i just realized how old this topic was.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OoOo I got a bump

I was initially hoping to get a 3dmark06 like that too, but I did manage to gain over 1000 points in 3dmark06 with this overclock from around 6000. I may end up putting this pelt on something else.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Very nice OCs, but i've a couple of questions

Do you have a link to that 40mm fan you have on top of your NB heatsink? I'm thinking about getting one too.
Also, I am able to get 2800 on the cpu test at 375mhz fsb, is there a reason for why my score at 375mhz is the same as your cpu at 420mhz? we do have the same motherboard and cpu.
And i think lastly do you know what the reason would be that Atitool doesn't work for me with my x1800xt? I've tried beta 14 and 15, both froze my comp, so i'm stuck using ati overdrive which limits me to 690/800

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I borrowed it from a 1U server psu. Its a very good fan.

Unfortunately I do not know where you can get one, but you might try ebay

I don't know whats wrong with your atitool
LL

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Crowley View Post
OoOo I got a bump

I was initially hoping to get a 3dmark06 like that too, but I did manage to gain over 1000 points in 3dmark06 with this overclock from around 6000. I may end up putting this pelt on something else.
I dont know if this is too recent to compare, but how far off is an xt to a gt?

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
Very nice OC, there. I'm 100% stable with my 760/1720 and no artifacts with an XTX and a maze4 block. I can't wait to get a decent board with OCing capabilities to try and match your CPU speed. The only runs I have are the ones on my 3.0GHz Opteron which were only ~7100. Hell my 2.4GHz E6600 with ddr 533 are ~7k so... we'll have a good run between each other.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcbzhnsr1 View Post
I dont know if this is too recent to compare, but how far off is an xt to a gt?
You can throw more in-game specular and image quality at the 48 pixel shaders than 36 in a gt

Ill have more to add when I get the 226w pelt

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Have you manually set any quality restrictions? I remember that you spoke before of setting your quality to performance. Is that what this bench is predicated on or are the quality settings on high?

R

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The standard un-registered 3dmark06 test does not use any quality settings like AA or AF. It is a low-quality test.

·
Registered
883 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
Ummm, I think you're a shade out of line there Crowley. Granted, yes, your XTX will beat the snot out of most GTXs and they won't be happy about it. Your scores should be MUCH higher. That hardware AA is dragging that score down big time.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Crowley, I think you need to chill. There are plenty of other ways to change settings on your card, get off your high horse. Here is a screenshot of ATI tool. What ropey was saying was that you can change your settings (such as MipMap detail and Texture Preference) to performance to get a big boost in score. However, most people dont play at these settings because of the IQ hit. Here is as screenshot from ATI Tray Tools.

BTW -- Awesome score! I hope to OC after upgrading my processor. Right now any overclock is pretty much useless because of my CPU bottleneck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts