Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*Updated 19/10/2017*

So after waiting a while for my order to come, as below I found some blemishes on the top cover on the case. I wasn't thrilled and posted on the forum. I somewhat jumped the gun you could say and over reacted!

I have to say since contacting them about it they have been fantastic. As per their posts in this thread they sent me out a new top cover, shipped at their expense, and via the same premium method I originally used, and it arrived after only a couple of days and the new cover is perfect.

I just wanted to update this thread to say despite my initial frustration, they have really done an amazing job with their customer service. I am now really happy with the case and I would buy it again without hesitation. The case is an excellent design and really well made. A top quality product! My future cases will also now be from caselabs!

Anyone else looking to buy a case from caselabs, where ever in the world you may be, should do so with complete confidence. They seem to be a great company and well worth supporting!

I look forward to posting about my upcoming build on here in a few months time!

Thank you.

*Previous Post 13/10/17*

I feel I've got to post this after having listened to the hype around these cases and being persuaded to place an order...

After a 7 week wait and a truly nightmarish experience with UPS (a story for another time), I finally very carefully open the package of my brand new Caselabs case to find scratches, weird marks on the paint finish, just things I can't live with unfortunately and not something I would expect from this sort of company charging this sort of price and making people wait this long for their products... I have yet to open up the inside and see what waits for me there... it looks like no one really inspected it prior to shipping it half way round the world...

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I can see small scratch on the surface of the first and second picture and although they are so small, yeah, you expect the items to be free from any damage.

When I got my cases years ago one of the panels of my SMH10 was totally destroyed, CL send me brand new replacement within days, the service back then was absolutely superb, but that was years ago I feel that since while now, something is going on within their facility and probably among themselves, they don't even respond to some of the emails
rolleyes.gif

I send them several emails with inquiries on their BH8 and recently I sent them email about specific replacement parts and accessories....silence and that's not good, based on what is seen here I don't think they thoroughly check the items before packaging for shipping.

Well...Hopefully they are alright, I'm glad I already have what I need and sadly I would be hesitant now to get another CL case, at least for now, in fact I was going to get BH8 for my sons build and unfortunately I end up getting something else and I never thought I would look at another case anther than CL again
biggrin.gif

Hopefully you get things straighten out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I can assure you there are scratches in the third picture as well, the focus is off in the pic, they are less deep than in the first picture and are multiple, 1 inch long, lighter 'surface' type scratches. None of these marks will come off! Honestly, overall it looks second hand like its about 5 years old and been well used, not brand new! I will have a proper look tonight at the inside as well and can add more pics of what I find... So far I've only had time to take it out the box and look at it for a couple of mins max... To be clear none of this happened in shipping as they do put it in a well packaged sturdy box and there was no damage to the outside of it...

It's just not good enough in summary, you can't boast about your amazing build quality, charge a premium, make people wait months for your products, and then ship them something in this sorry state... a state that anyone with eyes who spent more than 5 seconds looking at the case can clearly see...

Hopefully they put it right as you say, but the damage is already done... to my time, wallet and good will.... It proudly states "made in the USA" on the box and from what I have seen it's worse quality than previous cases I have bought that are mass made in China. Trying to not rant too much about this, but I'm angry... I went to hell and back with UPS to even get my hands on this case and Caselabs turned out to let me down in an even worse way...

K

·
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtim77 View Post

Thanks for your reply. I can assure you there are scratches in the third picture as well, the focus is off in the pic, they are less deep than in the first picture and are multiple, 1 inch long, lighter 'surface' type scratches. None of these marks will come off! Honestly, overall it looks second hand like its about 5 years old and been well used, not brand new! I will have a proper look tonight at the inside as well and can add more pics of what I find... So far I've only had time to take it out the box and look at it for a couple of mins max... To be clear none of this happened in shipping as they do put it in a well packaged sturdy box and there was no damage to the outside of it...

It's just not good enough in summary, you can't boast about your amazing build quality, charge a premium, make people wait months for your products, and then ship them something in this sorry state... a state that anyone with eyes who spent more than 5 seconds looking at the case can clearly see...

Hopefully they put it right as you say, but the damage is already done... to my time, wallet and good will.... It proudly states "made in the USA" on the box and from what I have seen it's worse quality than previous cases I have bought that are mass made in China. Trying to not rant too much about this, but I'm angry... I went to hell and back with UPS to even get my hands on this case and Caselabs turned out to let me down in an even worse way...
I'm very sorry to hear you had a bad experience. It does appear that we missed those blemishes, and we would be happy to replace the parts at absolutely no charge. It is always unfortunate when things like this squeak through the production line, but we will always make it right.

Please do inspect the remaining parts, and send an email to [email protected] with these images. We should be able to get replacements shipped within 2 business days.

K

·
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser16 View Post

I can see small scratch on the surface of the first and second picture and although they are so small, yeah, you expect the items to be free from any damage.

When I got my cases years ago one of the panels of my SMH10 was totally destroyed, CL send me brand new replacement within days, the service back then was absolutely superb, but that was years ago I feel that since while now, something is going on within their facility and probably among themselves, they don't even respond to some of the emails
rolleyes.gif

I send them several emails with inquiries on their BH8 and recently I sent them email about specific replacement parts and accessories....silence and that's not good, based on what is seen here I don't think they thoroughly check the items before packaging for shipping.

Well...Hopefully they are alright, I'm glad I already have what I need and sadly I would be hesitant now to get another CL case, at least for now, in fact I was going to get BH8 for my sons build and unfortunately I end up getting something else and I never thought I would look at another case anther than CL again
biggrin.gif

Hopefully you get things straighten out.
We switched our email servers a little while back, and it did cause some problems with emails getting lost. We do have a dedicated customer service rep who responds daily to emails. I'll check with him today to see if any were missed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Please delete.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Quote:
I'm very sorry to hear you had a bad experience. It does appear that we missed those blemishes, and we would be happy to replace the parts at absolutely no charge. It is always unfortunate when things like this squeak through the production line, but we will always make it right.

Please do inspect the remaining parts, and send an email to [email protected] with these images. We should be able to get replacements shipped within 2 business days.
This is what I remember in my days and maybe nothing has changed in that respect, maybe CL is still the same and its us who got spoiled by their Superior customer support I don't know
biggrin.gif
but I know one thing for sure. customer service is so...so important that I rather pay extra above all to have that luxury of knowing I will be taking care of.

Quote:

Don't make a conclusions based on 1 bad experience, give them a chance to rectify that. Sometimes things can happen and mistakes will slip through cracks without the main person in charge been aware of, so we need to be fair to them as well.
I can assure you based on my previous experience that CL's quality is superior and they will make it all better for you so you will enjoy your new case and hopefully return again as happy customer
thumb.gif

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_CL View Post

Ok I will do that and wait for their reply. I would like you to send replacements via an equivalent delivery service I originally used please, and not normal US post (only fair) and to pay the custom duties due up front (because me paying them for your mistake is not very fair)... I am requesting this last bit especially because otherwise UPS hold your parcel hostage for nearly a week and even when you have paid the duties to the main service centre via card on the very first day it arrives in the country they never actually tell their drivers about this and he refuses to deliver it, demanding cash instead to be paid directly to him. This all based on my experience with UPS this week. It was a nightmare. I would appreciate not going through that again if at all possible.

K

·
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtim77 View Post

Ok I will do that and wait for their reply. I would like you to send replacements via an equivalent delivery service I originally used please, and not normal US post (only fair) and to pay the custom duties due up front (because me paying them for your mistake is not very fair)... I am requesting this last bit especially because otherwise UPS hold your parcel hostage for nearly a week and even when you have paid the duties to the main service centre via card on the very first day it arrives in the country they never actually tell their drivers about this and he refuses to deliver it, demanding cash instead to be paid directly to him. This all based on my experience with UPS this week. It was a nightmare. I would appreciate not going through that again if at all possible.
Sure that won't be a problem at all. We will do everything we can to get you the replacement parts as fast, and as painless, as possible.

·
...and you'll FLOAT TOO!!
4,035 Posts
And this is exactly why you contact the company BEFORE you make a forum post about your dissatisfaction.... Give customer service a chance to handle the issue before you go potentially "starting fires" online....
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Glad to see that you are now happy with the product.

It really is great when you find a company that operates with integrity and is really worth supporting.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I usually don't replay to these types of threads but here and in the Parvum thread so many people are impatient for their orders to arrive - more there than here. I learned patience when I was in my teens. I had to wait for over a year for my drumset to arrive at the shop from which I ordered them back in the mid-80's. I ordered a Sonor drumset in 1984 and I didn't get it until 1985. So, I guess when I read about an order for a PC case from a small manufacturer taking its time I always say to myself or yell at the screen (whatever mood I'm in) "calm down it will arrive". Imagine not having anyway to contact the company at all just the dealer! I called the guy who owned the shop every day for over a year even when I was on vacation! The drums eventually arrived and I still have them.

I'm glad everything turned out okay here:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts