Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
PC Gamer
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have decided to change the title because at first I was stuck with a target gift card and my current Logitech speakers are having issues. I sold the gift card and I have $100 cash to buy a new 2.1 or a 2.0 set.

I need advice I cant really do anymore then $100. Im not crazy about heavy Bass I really like Clarity.

I am also looking at these

Edifier USA 2.1 Speaker System (M3200)

http://www.amazon.com/Edifier-USA-Speaker-System-M3200/dp/B00646KQOY

I found some Swan M10s but im unsure of the website

http://www.gearbest.com/speakers/pp_256158.html?currency=USD&gclid=Cj0KEQiA_MK0BRDQsf_bsZS-_OIBEiQADPf--v9GzD4tC5N_ju9yi2wMC9QeUXpXJPStXYTgFoD1POkaAnnn8P8HAQ

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,939 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I would rather use that gift card on other things so that I'm not limited to just Target for speakers. That's one place I would never buy speakers from. I'd rather get speakers from a place that cares about stocking lots of very good options (like maybe a place that specializes in such things). Target is much better for other things. Also, I think Bose is very overpriced.

·
PC Gamer
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

Maybe it's just me, but I would rather use that gift card on other things so that I'm not limited to just Target for speakers. That's one place I would never buy speakers from. I'd rather get speakers from a place that cares about stocking lots of very good options (like maybe a place that specializes in such things). Target is much better for other things. Also, I think Bose is very overpriced.
i was not sure thats why i asked. Ive never really listened to BOSE before and they did not have anything there to test the BOSE set so I was not 100% sure if they were good or not. I basically looked on amazon and various other places and they seemed to review high. im not even sure if target has anything for me to buy lol. they sell almost no PC stuff other then razer Chroma mouse and a logitech G302

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LC4PON3 View Post

i was not sure thats why i asked. Ive never really listened to BOSE before and they did not have anything there to test the BOSE set so I was not 100% sure if they were good or not. I basically looked on amazon and various other places and they seemed to review high. im not even sure if target has anything for me to buy lol. they sell almost no PC stuff other then razer Chroma mouse and a logitech G302
I'm not saying that Bose speakers suck, I'm saying that too much of your gift card's balance would go towards things that have nothing to do with the speakers themselves, like the Bose name, Bose advertising, Bose packaging, Bose logos, Bose employees, etc.

Can't you buy groceries at Target? Or how about household goods that you might need? A gift card doesn't expire, so it's like $152 worth of free trips to Target until you run out. I don't know how anyone else feels about this though; like I said, maybe it's just the way I am.

·
PC Gamer
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
updated title and topic. Need advice still

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm in the market for the same thing. A basic 2.1 setup for somewhere in the <$100 range. Not an audiophile, but I do want to get something that isn't total crap.

Lots of choices out there I've found... any recommendations are appreciated.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cls33 View Post

I'm in the market for the same thing. A basic 2.1 setup for somewhere in the <$100 range. Not an audiophile, but I do want to get something that isn't total crap.

On this forum, it's best to make your own thread instead of using one that belongs to someone else. I only saw your post because I am subscribed to this thread, and clicking this thread brought me right to your post. Most people will only look at the original post of this thread and then reply to that, not knowing that you have a question.

·
Phenomenologist
6,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cls33 View Post

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Speaker-System-Z523-Subwoofer/dp/B002FU5QMK/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1452767286&sr=1-3&keywords=logitech+z323

I use these for quite a long time now, cause my room is too small for 5.1, I personally love them.

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts

·
PC Gamer
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought I was having issues with my Logitech Z506 speaker set which is a 5.1 because I was constantly having some off Morse code type sounds through the speakers through out the day. So I was like ok its got to be interference so I moved my internet router/modem + my home phone to a new location and still had the issue. So I went ahead and bought a new 2.1 speaker set on amazon which was a

"Genius SW-G2.1 1250 2.1"

http://www.amazon.com/Genius-SW-G2-1-1250-Speaker-System/dp/B0056BPUQC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452800447&sr=8-1&keywords=genius+2.1

I got them home hooked up up listened to some Kenny G and lo and behold out out of no where. "Morse code" crap again. Come to find out my Cell Phone which is a "Kyocera Wave" has been screwing with my speakers causing the interference. As long as my phone is not next to my speakers or PC everything is good. Oh well you live and learn I guess

Im just going to keep the Genius 2.1s honestly these things rock. Nice to look at and the sound is great.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,939 Posts
Do you mean it was a buzz type of tone in a morse code type of pattern? If so, then that's normal with cell phones. I've been experiencing that since my first phone like 15 years ago.

I'm talking about this sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1mlponX_jw ...and any pattern with that exact tone.

It's normal. I thought that everyone knew that, but man... I need to wake up.

·
PC Gamer
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Do you mean it was a buzz type of tone in a morse code type of pattern? If so, then that's normal with cell phones. I've been experiencing that since my first phone like 15 years ago.

I'm talking about this sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1mlponX_jw ...and any pattern with that exact tone.

It's normal. I thought that everyone knew that, but man... I need to wake up.
thats exactly it but in a different pattern. I never knew that my phone could cause these issues. I was going nuts. I reinstalled my sound drivers, bought new speakers, moved my router/modem and home phone. I even moved my surge protector thinking it could of been electrical.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,939 Posts
Quote:

thats exactly it. I was having that issue through the day but was always at random times. I never knew it could be my phone to cause the issue
It's not random: it's any time the cell phone is sending or receiving a signal of any kind. It's electromagnetic interference (EMI).

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,939 Posts
Quote:

thats exactly it but in a different pattern. I never knew that my phone could cause these issues. I was going nuts. I reinstalled my sound drivers, bought new speakers, moved my router/modem and home phone. I even moved my surge protector thinking it could of been electrical.
Well like I said, the pattern isn't always the same from phone to phone - or perhaps even from provider to provider.

·
PC Gamer
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

It's not random: it's any time the cell phone is sending or receiving a signal of any kind. It's electromagnetic interference (EMI).
well i guess you learn something everyday. I had zero clue about this

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,939 Posts
Quote:

well i guess you learn something everyday. I had zero clue about this
Someday you will hear this while watching a live broadcast, and you'll laugh knowing that some idiot in the studio left their phone on.

Or you'll hear it in a YouTube video. lol "turn off your phone before you record your video"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts