Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya. I'm on Win XP. I'm about to uninstall ALL nVidia (driver) stuff from my computer because the nForce installation file won't do it automatically. It tells me that I need to uninstall old nForce drivers before installing new ones. The catch is that there is no entry in "add/remove programs" in Windows, so I have to use "Nasty File Remover" to kill off any remaining files after uninstalling all nVidia components...

Another thing is that I have read that there were SATA problems with the newest version of my nForce's drivers. I have an nForce 570 SLI (AMD). I am going to update to the new version (15.23). I also have a copy of the old version of the driver set (9.16) in case this one sucks. I have my mobo CD close at hand, and I think this shouldn't be TOO problematic...

The entire reason for all of this is that I believe I may have a poorly-working PCI bus. Any advice for me?

Thanks,
-Slink

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
you wanna use driver sweeper to get rid of the old files. reboot in safe mode and run it. as for the rest, I dunno

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used NFR to get rid of extras. I'll keep that one in mind, thx.

It went well. No hitches. ;-)
However, I think I had a bad PCI card. "Thanks, Creative."

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
driver sweeper is the best way (IMO) to get rid of the files that uninstalling leaves behind.

what makes you think you had a bad card?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by newt111
View Post

WOW! that's pretty craptastic. some people can fix it, most cannot.

Yessir.
Thread updated, btw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts