Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I finally got my vertex 4 512gb (right before the prices dropped :\). Anyway, I'm going to re-install windows on it via "making a backup" of the C drive, and then restoring it.

It gives me this message:

Wasn't bothered to type it out and I did the update. Have to restart my PC though. BRB.

TL;DR: The new firmware is a beta (which improves my 512gb version's performance SLIGHTLY).

It also says this is a beta firmware and new one will be released shortly.

Furthermore, I cannot update the SSD if it becomes my main (C) drive so should I wait x amount of time (probably 2-4 weeks :\) and stick to a SLOW HDD (I come from 2 ssds in raid 0 on a laptop so it does kill me to wait 38-40 seconds compared to 16) or just update it now and forget about it and use the new firmware when I update to windows 8?

Also I have my games on a separate HDD but I want to format them both as I bought a network storage box and will use my 2 old HDD's for raid. After I do a backup of C to my ssd, unplug HDD and restore windows, will I have to uninstall origin/steam/windows live and re-install all my games or is there a way to migrate them to the SSD again?

Thanks for replies!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another issue, I updated firmware 1.4C and shutdown and restarted my pc, check the toolbox and it still shows the old firmware as the drive's firmware (1.3c).

Does anyone know if this is a common issue?

Thanks
smile.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts