Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy yall! I am MAYBE planning on upgrading soon if the money is allowing me to. I was wondering what would be worth upgrading too? It will be used for mostly just gaming and plan on overclocking. My sig rig is the one i will be switching from. I also would hate to spend 400$ or so for a lowsy 5fps better performance. I play WOW and some FPS games. I am mostly interested in Price Per Performance but i would like to know good options for both AMD and Intel. Thanks ahead of time everyone for your opinions.

·
Premium Member
2,794 Posts
if you mainly play WoW and a couple fps's stick with the q6600. The next logical step would be a Q9550 for $240 unless you live by a microcenter.

After that you are going to be looking at buying a new cpu, processor, RAM by going socket 1156 or socket 1366 which can be costly.

WoW doesn't need a ton of resources and most games out still dont utilize 4 cores, although in the near future they will be.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
well.... i went from a Q6600 to a i7 and have never looked back big difference in video encoding etc. Budget core i3 is looking good chip also and for overclocking... you have lots of choices

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess i also forgot to say that i dont mind geting a new Mobo, Ram and CPU if its not goin to cost alot. I will be selling my sig rig to my father so that should help me towards my new system. My newest game im hooked on is BC2. Also i would like to stay quad core or maybe try one of the cheaper AMD tri core and unlock it if thats a decent option. Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts