Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you guys think? Specifically the Vega 56 Nano.

EDIT: With rumors of no new cards until mid 2019, it's a consideration. Eyeing AMD for the freesync function for the monitor. Also have a small case where the Sapphire Pulse Barely fit. Or should I just suck it up with the 580 since it isn't that bad and wait?

·
RadeonMOD Author
741 Posts
Your call, no bad is either :D
If you have good deal -> Take it
If you can wait (like me) for new revisions of Vega then wait.

PS. Go for V64....

·
Registered
137 Posts
I upgraded from a water cooled reference 290x to a rog asus strix 56 vega and honestly I love it. With a bit undervolting and tweaking its a really great card. Surely AMD could have tweaked these cards a little better.

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang, it's like withdrawal symptoms. First world problems, no doubt. I guess I'll wait since the Vega nano sold out anyway.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Between when I had 7950 CF and then a 980 ti (3-4 summers ago) AMD sure had a lot of cards...

I'd love a rx 580 (currently on temp. r9 280x)

Overall I'd say save your money and wait it out. The prices are foolish.

·
GPU Enthusiast
2,560 Posts
I you play games at 1440p+ and can get a good deal/minimize losses in the trade up I'd do it.

·
Phenomenologist
6,326 Posts
What do you guys think? Specifically the Vega 56 Nano.

EDIT: With rumors of no new cards until mid 2019, it's a consideration. Eyeing AMD for the freesync function for the monitor. Also have a small case where the Sapphire Pulse Barely fit. Or should I just suck it up with the 580 since it isn't that bad and wait?
wait for the gddr6 cards, you will thank me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
With overpriced Vegas I would recommend keeping RX580 8GB- it is actively supported by AMD with performance updates in games (and is enough for 1080p).

That said myself I went with Vega because more power is better :D But not required at all to enjoy games and not cost effective at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts