Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am undecided here, I am looking at the corsair h50 to help me overclock and keep temps down or go for a new case. What are your opinions?? anyone know a great case for $50? only restriction is bottom mounted powersupply.

+reps for help

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I'd definitely go with the H50, especially since you won't find any decent cases around $50 anyway. Liquid cooling would benefit your system a lot more.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Great case for $50? Not really

I would go H50 -- Push/Pull Config, and make due 'til you can get the funds for a better case

• Rep+
Reactions: overquad

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by frankenstein406
View Post

refurb haf?

even a shipped refurb haf 932 is still 140ish... a haf 922 runs 70ish.

As for the OP, an H50 would make a bigger difference than a new case.. any day. I was in the same boat, but decided to do both a new case and put together a loop.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
My vote goes for the H50 if you're looking solely for a temperature drop as the case wont help as much.

I think the only thing you would lose by not getting a (better) case would be playing around with the radiator configurations as generally this is set by how good the airflow within your case is.

·
Beyond
4,493 Posts
I'd buy the parts in this order:

Power Supply
Case
CPU Cooler

I wouldn't trust an i7 to an Apevia PSU. That's just me though. It has a crazy amount of 12v rails but each one is pretty low (14A or 16A). I have no idea what your case looks like but based on the brand I'm guessing it's a pretty cheap one. Contrary to what these guys say there are decent cases for $50. I got my AZZA Solano 1000 case for $50 shipped after rebate on sale from Newegg. The best case you can get for $50 right now is the NZXT M59. The CM Storm Scout for $80 is also an excellent case.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK so this is overwhelmingly in favor of the H50, my cooler currently is the reason i dont like my case. So the room saved would allow me to wait to upgrade case. THanks guys!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts