Overclock.net banner

How often do you upgrade

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
i just upgraded, my last video card was an 8800 GTS i bought in 2006

well technically my last card was a 4870 but my dad destroyed it and it couldn't be rma'd

·
Registered
282 Posts
It usually just depends for me, if there's a deal or a real need for an upgrade. I've been with this GTX 280 for a little over 10 months and I'm just waiting until DX11 cards come out. So I'd usually said 12 - 18 months.

·
Banned
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine tends to be 1 to 1.5 years as well, when I can afford it, though I find it interesting that cards from late 2006 almost 3 years old are still viable and are still plenty able to play any games today, 8800GTS640 and 8800GTX come to mind

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
every month it seems like. Went from 4870 512 --> 4870 512 crossfire --> 4870 512 trifire --> 4890 crossfire --> 4890 trifire in about 8 months.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yeah that's the last card I actually had was an 8800GTX. It was still a good card but the jump to GTX 280 is one I don't regret. As long as the card I'm looking to upgrade to has a significant enough power increase and the price is right then I'll consider.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Seems to be about every 9-12 months for me. But I do have a pc that I use at work with the Riva TN2...

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
I have jumped 4 times this year, but usually can go for 9-12 months

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
I tend to do upgrades of small stuff, like optical drives, ram, hard drives, when I can, and only do big system upgrades, like new cpu/mobo every couple of years.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSandman
View Post

how often do you upgrade your video card, I'm rather interested in this.

Your in FW? Im posting from the Starbucks at Montgonery Plaza HA!. Any way I upgrade once a year. I can only loose so much money in video cards...

·
Banned
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by aleiro
View Post

Your in FW? Im posting from the Starbucks at Montgonery Plaza HA!. Any way I upgrade once a year. I can only loose so much money in video cards...

lmao I could come find you, you know that right?

·
Banned
8,014 Posts
Quote:

View Post

and is it to the latest generation or last years highend

every 8-12 months, with the exception of the 7800GTX I had, used it almost 2 yrs.

I try to upgrade to the high end models, like when i got my GTX260, still wasnt that high end but I couldnt afford a GTX280

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Quote:

View Post

lmao I could come find you, you know that right?

LOL, I'll watch my back

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aleiro
View Post

LOL, I'll watch my back

Watch your coffee, too

1 - 20 of 27 Posts