Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I would like to upgrade part of my PC soon, the only problem is I can't decide which part to upgrade.

I am trying to decide if I should upgrade my CPU + Motherboard

Or my video card

My CPU right now is a Phenom II x2 560 and I am thinking upgrading to a six core or possibly Bulldozer. My motherboard is an Asus M4N75TD (I know its not good at all
sleepsmiley02.gif
) and I would be looking for something better obviously

My video card right now is a Gigabyte 460 and I am thinking of either buying another 460 when prices go down and SLI them, or upgrading to a 560 or something better (Maybe)

Please give me any advice and help me decide what to upgrade, thank you

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
i would get a phenom x6 a decent asus board and get a new gpu later in the year for sure

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Your motherboard is fine I don't know why that suggestion got bandwagoned. Grab a 955BE and Hyper 212+ along with a 2nd GTX 460 and your PC will be swingin!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hmmm, very recently I also upgraded my pc. I used to have something similar to what you have right now. Anyway, yeah, go for a six core cpu and get a 880g chipset mobo. 890fx/gx are pretty costly. But if you are going to use crossfire then you should get a 890fx board. I prefer single GPU setups so I bought the asus m4a88tdv evo. It is a great overclocker and has many gr8 features. the only downside is that the second pcie slot is just 4x. But i have already said that i dont need it.
Now comes the gpu part. If you are on a tight budget then stick with the 460 for now. You can get a 570 later. This is what I would have done. Hope it helps you.
smile.gif
Good luck.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hell yeah, if you dont mind the wait then please do. I mean, I dont care for the bulldozer cpu but they are also gonna launch new chipsets. The new chipset will futureproof that mobo for a few coming years.

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
Why upgrade? Do you run any programs/games that would require you to upgrade, or do you just want to play with new parts?
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
There are many better boards for the price than that
i.e. ASUS M4A79XTD EVO, M4A89GTD PRO, Biostar TA890FXE
It may not be as optimal for pushing an x6 to 4Ghz (even if it has been done) due to the 4+1 power phase - actually a downgrade from your current board.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts