Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everbody! This is my first post on overclock.net and I wasen't sure about where to put this because it's a little about other things than Intel CPUs (but mainly about Intel CPUs) Feel free to move this thread if i posted it in the wrong place!
thumb.gif

So! I currently have a ASUS Maximus V Gene with a 3350P @ 3.7 GHz cooled by a Corsair h100i (It was my first build so I didn't know about unlocked CPUs) and I really wanna upgrade my CPU so I was thinking weather I should get a 3770K or a new motherboard along with a 4770K.

So I thought if I'm gonna get a LGA1150 motherboard I would have to get one that fits my colors and stuff. (You can see pictures of my PC here: http://games-dk.dk/stuff/pcpictures.php )

But! My main issue is weather I should get a 3770K or a 4770K. If you think I should get a 4770K I would love it if you could give me some names for motherboards that fit my color (white, blue and black)

I'm using my PC for gaming, recording, video editing, streaming and emulating different consoles (PCSX2 does not run that well with that many games with my current build)

Thank you and have a nice day!!

·
Retired?
2,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGuyDK View Post

Hello everbody! This is my first post on overclock.net and I wasen't sure about where to put this because it's a little about other things than Intel CPUs (but mainly about Intel CPUs) Feel free to move this thread if i posted it in the wrong place!
thumb.gif

So! I currently have a ASUS Maximus V Gene with a 3350P @ 3.7 GHz cooled by a Corsair h100i (It was my first build so I didn't know about unlocked CPUs) and I really wanna upgrade my CPU so I was thinking weather I should get a 3770K or a new motherboard along with a 4770K.

So I thought if I'm gonna get a LGA1150 motherboard I would have to get one that fits my colors and stuff. (You can see pictures of my PC here: http://games-dk.dk/stuff/pcpictures.php )

But! My main issue is weather I should get a 3770K or a 4770K. If you think I should get a 4770K I would love it if you could give me some names for motherboards that fit my color (white, blue and black)

I'm using my PC for gaming, recording, video editing, streaming and emulating different consoles (PCSX2 does not run that well with that many games with my current build)

Thank you and have a nice day!!
3770K is a good upgrade

4770k is a silly buy if you already have a LGA 1155 mobo and since 3770k is ~3-6% slower than 4770k the performance in games is fairly negligible

also OP the LGA 1155 mobo you have right now is top end so getting your chip to higher clocks would be easy

·
Amiga 500
3,680 Posts
How are you budget wise?If you are ready to spend some money,I would suggest an i7-4770K with the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87.I believe it will fit your case nicely!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! The response is so fast on these forums!!

Spectre- gave the response I was expecting. (Not that it was a bad response) and I am currently move towards getting a 3770K but I'd still like some more responses from you guys!

Thanks once agan!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts