Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So apparently my work time earnings are not being deducted from my student loan this semester so I have some spare cash.

First of all, I've been wanting a monitor for a long time and I just spied this one on Dell's site. Is it worth the $499? It's on sale for almost 30% off.

Next, I've been wanting to upgrade to 4 cores for a while. What's the best bang for my buck right now? I'm assuming AMD is still number one for enthusiats' on a budget.

Finally, will my gfx card keep up with HD resolutions?

P.S. Feel free to make random critiques on my system.

·
Premium Member
7,017 Posts
You are going have to get a new motherboard, RAM while you are it. If you want to upgrade to a quad core.

IPS monitors are amazing for the most part, but if you are on a budget, then I wouldn't consider it.

And yes your video card can keep up with HD resolutions. Remember HD resolutions are 1024x768 and above.
It's a little dated, but if you get a quad core most newer games will run fine at medium to high setting.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
You'd have better luck posting in the AMD section buddy

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
You are going have to get a new motherboard, RAM while you are it. If you want to upgrade to a quad core.

IPS monitors are amazing for the most part, but if you are on a budget, then I wouldn't consider it.

And yes your video card can keep up with HD resolutions. Remember HD resolutions are 1024x768 and above.
It's a little dated, but if you get a quad core most newer games will run fine at medium to high setting.
1024x768? I thought it was 1080.

I run at 1280x1024 now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAF View Post
You'd have better luck posting in the AMD section buddy

I couldn't narrow down a section to post in because I had multiple questions. So I just stuck with OT.

·
Premium Member
7,017 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by floodx View Post
1024x768? I thought it was 1080.

I run at 1280x1024 now.

I couldn't narrow down a section to post in because I had multiple questions. So I just stuck with OT.
Nope it's always been at 1024x768.

PM a mod to move it to the AMD section. Even if it's in wrong section you will get more help than here.

·
Premium Member
7,017 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by savagebunny
View Post

This is a better upgrade. Buy a S13.5

I approve. S13.5s coupes are sexy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts