Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SubZero is the Goal
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have decided I may take the plunge and buy a SSD for my boot drive and maybe a game or two... I have come to the conclusion that I will need something like 120gigs or so..... my budget is about $200

Anyone able to recomend a hearty, RELIABLE, drive. I am willing to sacrifice size to fit in my budget..... Otherwise, I'll just get a platter drive for the same cost.... or even two for that matter.

Thanks for your time and input

·
Storage Nut
21,144 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
Just got a 120gb force 3 for $130AR at frys.

·
Registered
994 Posts
What's with this Crucial M4 SSD? I bought (1) few days ago & I have to wait for about an hour at Micro Center coz it's not yet offloaded in their delivery truck. After I got one, I was very impressed with the speed (after installing the latest 0009 firmware) that today I decided to go back to Micro Center to get another one. I was told that they're out off stock of M4. The price went up too (from $179.99 to $209.99).

Is this SSD really that good? It's selling like hotcakes.

·
Storage Nut
21,144 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheaptrick
View Post

What's with this Crucial M4 SSD? I bought (1) few days ago & I have to wait for about an hour at Micro Center coz it's not yet offloaded in their delivery truck. After I got one, I was very impressed with the speed (after installing the latest 0009 firmware) that today I decided to go back to Micro Center to get another one. I was told that they're out off stock of M4. The price went up too (from $179.99 to $209.99).

Is this SSD really that good? It's selling like hotcakes.

Yes, it is due to the bsod's, drives disappearing and freezing problems with the sand force solid state drives. And the intel 510 isn't as good of a value as teh M4. Thus it is one of the most demanded ssd's from what I've seen.

·
Storage Nut
21,144 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcg75
View Post

You should go back and trade it for an M4. Better 4k speeds by far and more reliable.

He may be ok...there is a brand new firmware that was just released that is "suppose" to fix the issues...

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
Really? I read they were all fixed. We'll see. I love corsair. If it fails they'll take care of me. I back everything up since I've had tons of HDD failures.

·
Storage Nut
21,144 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by claymanhb
View Post

Really? I read they were all fixed. We'll see. I love corsair. If it fails they'll take care of me. I back everything up since I've had tons of HDD failures.

Yea, the new firmware from corsair is suppose to fix the corsair sandforce drive problems...it was just released yesterday or the day before I think. I really like Corsair, they were working hard to resolve everything...

They really will take care of you too if anything happens, they have one of the best customer support services I've seen.

·
Retired but not dead!
7,435 Posts
Guys, I love Corsair products too. But I'm a realist.

OCZ's 2.13 firmware didn't help everyone. The fixes in that firmware would be part of Corsair's newest firmware as well.

This is a situation where RMA doesn't help. If your ram, psu or whatever dies, Corsair can replace it. You bsod, Corsair can only replace with another drive that will bsod. Until the problem is really fixed, you can RMA till the cows come home and it won't help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts