Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 days ago i got my package, 1 turbo 850w psu, 2gigs g skill ddr500, 1 wd raptor, & a dfi-sli expert. after i put everything together, i began to encounter problems installing xp. i took out the g skill and put 2 sticks of corsair (from my previous board) and, wahh laa, windows began to install. once windows was installed i tried the g skill again, but this time, i went into the bios first, and so i find myself here. uhumm now i understand why my friend said "buy asus, their mobos are stable and they have bios for dummies". and so......... heeere iiis the dummie!!...... i know is something in the bios but there's so much. i tried setting the fbs, but she will not boot. i tested the g skill in my asus a8n-e before i installed the dfi and it worked fine, oc'ed to ddr540.

can anyone please help me? and also where on line can i learn to tweak with the experts bios?

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Try upping the ram voltage, I think I've noticed that the expert needs just a little more Vdimm than other boards, also up the ldt to be sure it's not the memory controller...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how can i intall g skill ddr500 on a dfi expert? what changes do i have to make in the bios?
can anyone please help me ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts