Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! I wanted to boost my benchmark scores a bit so I decided to upgrade the speed of my ram. I upgraded from Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 ram to Teamgroup TF13D432G3600HC14CDC01 ram and benchmark results are not any better. The settings are correct in Bios and CPUZ via XMP profile. Do you guys know if Im doing anything wrong? Thinking of returning new ram but wanted to check with you guys first.

Specs of system can be found here:

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600x

Ram: Teamgroup 3600Mhz

PSU: Corsair SF600 Gold with custom cables

GPU: Nvidia 3080FE

Cooler: EK240 Basic

·
Senior Overclocker
5,120 Posts
Depends on the benchmarks you're running. If you're looking at 3DMark, you wont see any changes. For a difference of 3200Mhz to 3600Mhz, the only difference you'll see is in very specific memory benchmarks where Read Write and Copy speeds will be slightly higher, such as in Aida64.
Any other general benchmarks will be inconclusive.

Try pushing to 4000Mhz to see a little bit more of an improvement. Even there, differences will only be noticeable in specific benchmark applications.

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on the benchmarks you're running. If you're looking at 3DMark, you wont see any changes. For a difference of 3200Mhz to 3600Mhz, the only difference you'll see is in very specific memory benchmarks where Read Write and Copy speeds will be slightly higher, such as in Aida64.
Any other general benchmarks will be inconclusive.

Try pushing to 4000Mhz to see a little bit more of an improvement. Even there, differences will only be noticeable in specific benchmark applications.
The issue that I have is that the results are a bit worse. I was not expecting crazy new numbers but definitely not expecting worse number.

·
Overclocker
4,570 Posts
The issue that I have is that the results are a bit worse. I was not expecting crazy new numbers but definitely not expecting worse number.
  1. how are they worst
  2. what are they worst in
  3. what are the timings between ram in the bios
  4. what is the frequency between ram in the bios
  5. what voltage are used between ram in the bios
  6. what cpu and motherboard are you using and are you OC the CPU
  7. is ram at just xmp or are you trying to tweak and/or oc the ram
You should have the common courtesy to provide more information then..."I got new ram and it don't perform, help?"

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Have you run something like aida64 mem test to compare your overall mem performance and latency to see before and after? Or post an asrock timing config so you know your timings and sub timings are correct.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
22,334 Posts
tertaries and secondaries are set by your motherboard. the faster RAM probably has them raised to the moon for compatibility.

put your 3200 RAM in, open AsRock Timing Configurator, take a screenshot, then do the same with the 3600 and post the screenshots

• Rep+
Reactions: bscool

·
Overclocker
4,570 Posts
Have you run something like aida64 mem test to compare your overall mem performance and latency to see before and after? Or post an asrock timing config so you know your timings and sub timings are correct.
I do wonder if he ever did this or just ran 3dmark. The gist is that he went from 3200 CL16 (18-18-x) to 3600 CL14 (15-15-X). In that case he would need to run a memory benchmark test as suggested. But I am curious as to his PC setup and what it reads in the bios.

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tertaries and secondaries are set by your motherboard. the faster RAM probably has them raised to the moon for compatibility.

put your 3200 RAM in, open AsRock Timing Configurator, take a screenshot, then do the same with the 3600 and post the screenshots

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
  1. how are they worst
  2. what are they worst in
  3. what are the timings between ram in the bios
  4. what is the frequency between ram in the bios
  5. what voltage are used between ram in the bios
  6. what cpu and motherboard are you using and are you OC the CPU
  7. is ram at just xmp or are you trying to tweak and/or oc the ram
You should have the common courtesy to provide more information then..."I got new ram and it don't perform, help?"
Ram is set to XMP per Initial Post. All timings and frequencies verified in bios and CPUZ.

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I never used this tool before.

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do wonder if he ever did this or just ran 3dmark. The gist is that he went from 3200 CL16 (18-18-x) to 3600 CL14 (15-15-X). In that case he would need to run a memory benchmark test as suggested. But I am curious as to his PC setup and what it reads in the bios.
I have updated post with specs. I always make sure I have XMP enabled and verified in CPUZ.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
22,334 Posts

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
102 Posts
Use Zentimings instead of CPU Z it will provide alot more details.

• Rep+
Reactions: bscool

·
Overclocker
4,570 Posts
One thing I found odd is that he needs 1.45v to do 14-15-15 -xx. The timing is pretty loose for such high voltage requirements.

And do wonder if heat is a contributing factor to the performance of the ram.

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Use Zentimings instead of CPU Z it will provide alot more details.

Here you go!
Font Line Screenshot Electronic device Technology

• Rep+
Reactions: Lionvibez

·
Robotic Chemist
4,084 Posts
Things that stand out to me:

tRC is high.
tRRDS and tRRDL are very high, tFAW should = 4xtRRDS (after lowering tRRDS).

tRFC is also very high.

You shouldn't need 1.2V VSOC to run 1800 FCLK! 1.08V at most.

Is 14-14-14-14-34 stable?

That Teamgroup kit is B-die. This is what I am running my dual rank B-die at, you might not get this low on everything but you should be able to get close (I am also running 1.45V):
Font Screenshot Technology Software Number

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Things that stand out to me:

tRC is high.
tRRDS and tRRDL are very high, tFAW should = 4xtRRDS (after lowering tRRDS).

tRFC is also very high.

You shouldn't need 1.2V VSOC to run 1800 FCLK! 1.08V at most.

Is 14-14-14-14-34 stable?

That Teamgroup kit is B-die. This is what I am running my dual rank B-die at, you might not get this low on everything but you should be able to get close (I am also running 1.45V):
View attachment 2524651
I really appreciate this post. Started getting crashes in Doom Eternal and kinda just got annoyed and removed the sticks out of my system. I put the Corsair ram back in and ran Time Spy with better results than the Team Group. I am going to return the new ram.

·
Robotic Chemist
4,084 Posts
I put the Corsair ram back in and ran Time Spy with better results than the Team Group.
Could you please post the ZenTimings for your Corsair RAM? :)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts