Overclock.net banner

upgrading mobo help me pick :)

1173 25
ok so here it is. i currently have the
Asus m3n-sli deluxe mobo and i really dont like how it functions. So ima buy a new one yes. i have no idea bout motherboards tht i could pick so could anyone suggest with links if possible a few mobos i could look at. i have amd AM2 processor but i might consider upgrading to one of the phenom II oness in the near future. i like to overclock and mess around so it has to have some decent overclocking features and i play games alot so i dont want it purely for ocing.

man i have alot of demands. oohh ye i almost forgot i would liek it to be under £100 and DDR2 (i know i cant get a top of the range, all-singing-all-dancing mobo just i dont want a crap one lol)

so ye thanks to anyone that helps out hereee =]=]=]=]
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
233 Posts
Biostar TA790GX A2+ (any iteration, theres a few). Theres almost always one available in open box, it fits the specifications you asked, is a 790gx chipset (for expandability, etc.), and is of great quality. The last two rigs i have built both have TA790gx mobos open box from newegg, both work flawlessly, and have great overclocking utilities in the bios, even auto overclocking engines, its just very cool, heres a link:

This is the particular iteration im using right now, its excellent, and only 86 USD!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16813138129R

· Registered
233 Posts
Oooh, i would be wary of getting non 790 chipset mobos for phenom II as the compatibility is iffy at best. I ordered a 780 mobo for my 9850 on my last computer, and i had to cancel and order a biostar ta790gx because the 780 board couldnt handle a 125 watt processor without burning out in a day or two. Btw, the phenom II 920 is a 125 watt processor. Im not saying definitely go 790 chipset, as there are no crossfire 790 boards, but i would be wary of 780 and lower.

If you must have crossfire, try this one, according to the msi cpu support list, it will work fine with phenom II 920:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16813130161R

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.