Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I'm currently using:

amd 1055t cpu
radeon r7 370 gpu
8gb 1333 ram

i will soon upgrade to an i5 6500 and gtx 970,and my budget barely affords new hardware considering i gotta buy a new mobo ram and psu as well.

so what i wonder is do i need to get rid of my 5-6 year old 500gb 5400rpm hdd to get best performance from games as well?(i can live with boot time , it's around 30 seconds which is enough for me and i dont need more than 300-400 gb space generally so)
I ve heard it only effects loading times but not sure considering i'm playing some open world mmos as well,would it cause any stutters/fps problems?

here is the pic of my hdds state,not sure how important it is.

it seems okay according to program but i'm still not sure considering it s a pretty old hdd D;

any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Might as well save for an SSD, is the single most noticeable upgrade you can do, i was blown away from a 7200rpm HDD to an SSD. Everything feels snapier, loading times for games improve a ton, you wont gain much in fps but its worth it in my opinion

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know ssd is much faster in loading everything but i'm personally fine with slower loading times,what i wonder is the effect on gaming
smile.gif

·
Registered
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail View Post

i know ssd is much faster in loading everything but i'm personally fine with slower loading times,what i wonder is the effect on gaming
smile.gif
Well the effect on gaming an SSD would have, would be drastic loading time decrease, same goes for installation of said games ect. as other poster stated, it'd be the biggest, most noticeable upgrade you can do. I went from 7200rpm drives to 2 500gb ssd's, with the 7200rpm drives for mass storage (music/movies, for example). Doubt ill ever go back to regular HDD drives again.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail View Post

smile.gif
You think you are ok with those loading times, but once you try an SSD you wont go back to mechanical drives
biggrin.gif
thumb.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts