Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to make a critical upgrade on an old rig that I have. I need a new Mobo, HDD, and OS. The mobo needs to support DDR2 (4 slots) and Pentium 4 CPU as well as Core 2 Duo...Doesn't need to have Quad-Core support. Any suggestions?
My budget is $300...I know...

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowFriend
View Post

I am looking to make a critical upgrade on an old rig that I have. I need a new Mobo, HDD, and OS. The mobo needs to support DDR2 (4 slots) and Pentium 4 CPU as well as Core 2 Duo...Doesn't need to have Quad-Core support. Any suggestions?
My budget is $300...I know...

Pm me if you still need an OS. (or maybe you cant yet..)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chozart
View Post

Because I got the cheapest with 16MB cache

Of course get the 250GB version (but with 16MB cache) if you can afford it.

Not sure what my paycheck will be Friday...I missed a lot of work...

EDIT: I switched that cart out with a 250Gb WD Caviar SE. Total with shipping comes to $294.81. If my check happens to be about $150 more than I expected, then I can afford to get another Video Card for it as well.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chozart View Post
What double post
(just kidding)

Looking like a nice basis for a good rig

You da man Chozart. If I wasn't strait I just might be in love with you... Anyway, I think it looks like it could be good. It's a slow process, but hey. Also, the next upgrade on that rig will be in March, or whenever DX10 comes out, then I will be getting a midrange DX10 card for it...and an E6300 or E6600. Just depends on the money situation then. I might just have to bite the bullet and get a low-end DX10 card and the E6300. I think that would do it. What do you think?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts