Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinkin about it and i am goin to get a 64bit system running. and I need to now a lil bit about them. i plan on gettin this one. Is that a good one for overclocking? And the mulitiplier is locked right? and when it says "FSB: Integrated in chip" whats that mean? Thanks..

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
You might want to consider an ClawHammer with 1MB of L2, and I'm sure you know what motherboard I'm going to recommend. What it means by the FSB is integrated into the chip, is exactly that, the FSB is the link of the memory controller to the cache, and since the memory controller is in the core, it's all insie there and it's 128 bits wide and runs at the core frequency.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockaygoalie10

I've been thinkin about it and i am goin to get a 64bit system running. and I need to now a lil bit about them. i plan on gettin this one. Is that a good one for overclocking? And the mulitiplier is locked right? and when it says "FSB: Integrated in chip" whats that mean? Thanks..

The chip has a built in memory controller, which means it communicates with directly with the memory which means (faster and more efficient). CPU - MEM, and MEM - CPU

On the old XP's the memory controller was found on the Northbridge of the motherboard, not on the actual chip itself. CPU - NB - MEM, MEM - NB - CPU.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.