Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its time for a reformat so while i'm doing that, I figured I'd upgrade my HD. I've been using IDE forever and I don't know too much about SATA. Could you reccommend a good SATA HD for less than $100? thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
I would get two 80gb sata3.0 drives and put them in Raid 0. Should cost a approx 100 - 110 on newegg

• Rep+
Reactions: footballplyrdan

·
Registered
349 Posts
yes, I would install the sata first and load the os, then hook up the ata/ide drive and use the windows disk manager

there are no options for master/slave on sata drives as they connect 1 drive per port

• Rep+
Reactions: footballplyrdan

·
Registered
764 Posts
maybe you guys could help me, i tried to set up my sata as a primary, windows cant find it, but i'd be happy to put it as slave for storage, but i cant get it to show up. im getting a 200gb IDE this week as a primary, so i want to use the SATA as a slave. please any ideas

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
install some drivers, im sure your motherboard will need them, I had a problem like that too and until i installed some drivers, it wouldnt show up

·
Registered
764 Posts
cheers but what drivers are they for the motherboard its self like. do i install on windows or before it boots. sorry me a noob at SATA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts