Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello I am ready to make the new jump to windows 7 and i have a few questions:

1) is window 7 worth it? I never EVER had any problems with vista and only reason i really want is for dx11 really.

2) is the upgrade version worth it? it seems like a pain in the ass to me having to install vista then window 7 every time you want to reformat pc.

3) are OEM worth it nowadays? i used windows vista OEM first and it sucked having to call company every time i wanted to reformat to activate it because i switched motherboards and it only registers for 1 single pc.

4) what are some good places to get software cheap/free legally? I know people can just pirate the crap but i want to avoid this, mostly due to old experience having to find new version when they found out people stealing it lol to anyone that have done this in past.

5) i own a legitimate windows vista 64 bit ultimate do people still buy this online? i was thinking of selling on ebay to get at least half of what i pay for window 7. is it agaisnt copyrights to sell your own used copy of OS?

cheapest i seen its about 60 bucks for windows 7 ultimate 64 bit on ebay anyone seen this cheaper?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Of course it's worth it.
Even if you're a careful user and you don't have viruses or junk, you'll still see the difference in either responsiveness or boot times.
The upgrade is totally worth it. imo it looks and performs better than vista.

EDIT: Then again... I didn't pay smack for my OS.

I do what I want cuz a pirate is free. ;]

*Right-Click and Select "Play" to start movie.

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
7 is a good upgrade from Vista. I had Vista from the beginning, and after SP1 it was a good OS, but 7 is so smooth, so user friendly, its really the perfect os, i cant imagine how they will improve on it. Its def worth it.

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgdude
View Post

7 is a good upgrade from Vista. I had Vista from the beginning, and after SP1 it was a good OS, but 7 is so smooth, so user friendly, its really the perfect os, i cant imagine how they will improve on it. Its def worth it.

That's an understatement, Win7 is freaking awesome compared to Vista & XP.

Furthermore, Vista to Windows 7 is a VERY EASY to upgrade, where XP to Vista was a freaking nightmare!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts