Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overclocking a 1090T on a old 770-G45. Didn't bother since I have already ordered a Formula IV. I was running prime, temps were fine, 39C-ish, then the temp started running up fast. And ended at 45C when it just shut down without any blue screen. When I powered it back up again it just started burning on my motherboard. It was actually real flames
confused.gif
Can I turn my pc back on and set my clocks to default, or will something like this just kill the board?

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plogservice;11911151
no, seriously. My new mobo arrives on monday. Can't I use my desktop until then?
You might cause damage to the CPU if you carry on using it, But you can use it at your own risk. Just take the overclock setting's off and put the voltage back to stock to prevent any burning of the mosfets

·
Chief Engineer
941 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Atomfix
View Post

You might cause damage to the CPU if you carry on using it, But you can use it at your own risk. Just take the overclock setting's off and put the voltage back to stock to prevent any burning of the mosfets

I would say it's too late for that.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Scott
View Post

I would say it's too late for that.

What i meant was. By removeing the overclocking setting's and voltage, the mosfet's would stay much cooler and shouldn't burn up as much when under load just until the new motherboard arrives

·
Premium Member
7,711 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riou
View Post

The motherboard catching on fire is a bad thing.

I believe it is highly unrecommended.

·
Chief Engineer
941 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Atomfix
View Post

What i meant was. By removeing the overclocking setting's and voltage, the mosfet's would stay much cooler and shouldn't burn up as much when under load just until the new motherboard arrives

You mean they can burn up more than "in flames"? LOL
Seriously now.........

·
Premium Member
8,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Scott
View Post

You mean thay can burn up more than "in flames"? LOL
Seriously now.........

Actually, yeah, they can. I watched as a friends new CPU literally melted THROUGH his mobo. There was that awful burning-plastic smell. I think catching on fire, versus turning into melting goo are two different things.

·
Premium Member
7,711 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dudenell
View Post

LOL my computer caught fire, so let me just turn it back on...

A used car dealership tried doing that with my brother once...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.