Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in office depot today, and I got a ups, I checked the prices on newegg on my cell phone, and compared them to the prices in the store, and pretty much every price was better in the store.
This is the one I got.
http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?...g=true&An=text
Now here is the question, why is it not on apc's site? Is there any way I could make it to turn the computer back on after the power outage? It didn't come with a serial cable, but it clearly says that it can use a serial, or usb to shutdown a computer.
Is it a good deal for $99? It was on sale from 120 in the store, that's what caught my attention.

·
Administrator
64,326 Posts
Looks like a good price for one anyway. Howeve im not to sure about the connection thing. I know you have to set something in the Motherboard BIOS to allow automatic boot-up after power outtage. Thats all i can help you with really mate.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
the UPS contains some accus if power falls out,like a laptop, the batteries take over till they are empty, (20 minutes for mine) so your computer does'nt reboot,but works on like it was,but on backup power, so you will have time to save your work etc, it is the no 1 purpose of an UPS.
I experienced it two times now.....
also any unstability on the power outlet is straightened out so your PSU gets stable power

1 - 3 of 3 Posts