Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just gought this fx5200 the other day. after reading heaps of stuf fon unlocking pipelines and overclocking, i decided to give it a go.
it is now fx5200 Ultra [email protected] and [email protected](from 250mhz-gpu and mem-332mhz)--- i still have stock cooling thoe. the temp of gpu is 38-40C running @1152x864 on thes settings under load, while idle is 36-38C. Is this ok? i plan to upgrade cooling eventualy should i bother or should i do it now? or should i reset to defualt? until i get better cooling?

i dont want to fry this aswell!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
im not sure but i have a pci cooler on my fx 5200 and its oc to 308mh and 451mh and my temps seem fine but i do have a question for you what did you use to flash the bios of your fx 5200 to an ultra and was it easy and were there any problems

any performance gains

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by mojoopo

im not sure but i have a pci cooler on my fx 5200 and its oc to 308mh and 451mh and my temps seem fine but i do have a question for you what did you use to flash the bios of your fx 5200 to an ultra and was it easy and were there any problems

any performance gains

i used riva tuner from www.guru3d.com changed it to Ultra, then reboot, then windows detected new vga card "nVidia geforce fx5200Ultra". i then had to re-install the drivers from disk. then i oc using coolbits.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
wow riva can change it can you please tell me wat to do

and by the way 71.20 vstudios extreme g raised my aquamrk by almost 3000 points

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by mojoopo

wow riva can change it can you please tell me wat to do

and by the way 71.20 vstudios extreme g raised my aquamrk by almost 3000 points

open riva tuner, in the main tab you will see the section called "target adapter" click on the 2nd scroll-down thing, next to customize, a tab will apear. click on the first icon called "low-level system settings". another window shall apear. click on the 2nd tab called "NVSTRAP driver". UNDER the check-box labled "use rom straps for pci deviceID reprograming", you will see word saying "0322 NVIDIA geforce fx5200", click the down arrow located at the end of the words, untill it says,"0321 nvidia geforce fx5200 Ultra". or something to that effect. (it may be different)
click "ok" at bottom of window. it will prompt you to reboot. you will need to do this. Once you've started up windows it should detect new vga card "geforce fx-5200 Ultra" and you will have to re install the driver that came on the disk with your card.

hope this works for you. remember reps to all helpfull peolple

·
Registered
93 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangas

open riva tuner, in the main tab you will see the section called "target adapter" click on the 2nd scroll-down thing, next to customize, a tab will apear. click on the first icon called "low-level system settings". another window shall apear. click on the 2nd tab called "NVSTRAP driver". UNDER the check-box labled "use rom straps for pci deviceID reprograming", you will see word saying "0322 NVIDIA geforce fx5200", click the down arrow located at the end of the words, untill it says,"0321 nvidia geforce fx5200 Ultra". or something to that effect. (it may be different)
click "ok" at bottom of window. it will prompt you to reboot. you will need to do this. Once you've started up windows it should detect new vga card "geforce fx-5200 Ultra" and you will have to re install the driver that came on the disk with your card.

hope this works for you. remember reps to all helpfull peolple

Wait. I thought a 5200 has no fan.. I used to have one till i jumped to a
5700 Le

·
Registered
712 Posts
I can;t even install riva tuner because i don;t have an Nforce mobo and i couldn;t get it to work on just my video card.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Well since you are around 40C for the temps i would assume you would be fine. My 9600xt sits around 35C idle and 40 loadish normal. So i wouldn't think those temps are high. If you can't find anything on its normal temps in the forums or net, just keep an eye out for weird spots / wacked out areas on the screen.

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/gra...ml#3dmark_2003

You might want to also consider just buying a new card , if you were thinking of investing in a vga cooler.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Rofl i just saw your specs...lol

Something is wrong when the processor on your Video card is faster than your computer processor.

Also, with your airflow for your case, id take out the fan blowing in beneath your Vid Card. Its probably really messing up the flow of things and causing some back up in ur case.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by what?
Rofl i just saw your specs...lol

Something is wrong when the processor on your Video card is faster than your computer processor.

Also, with your airflow for your case, id take out the fan blowing in beneath your Vid Card. Its probably really messing up the flow of things and causing some back up in ur case.
hmmm. good thought. i never thought of it like that! i will do that! :shades2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts