Overclock.net banner

Urgent help request - Asus Pst6 deluxe v2

681 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  gagabyte 
#1 ·
It seems that my Asus PT6 v2 MB is defective. I tried to be cautious and had the board professionally modified for water cooling.
I have read elsewhere that removing the heatsink should not invalidate the guarantee, but I have subequently been told by the supplier of the board that it should be returned in the same state as it was supplied.

I have all the original parts (I think, since I did not open the box before sending the board off for the modification). The original heatpipe system was returned by the company that carried out the modification (which involved no more than fitting waterblocks and installing the processor).
The heatpipe assembly has two spring-loaded screws around the northbridge cooler which have been srews in for retention.

Since I did not look at the board prior to modification, I need to know whether the springs are on the top - between the northbridge and the top surface of the board - or whether they are just screwed in from bottom of the board - in which case the two black stand out.

I should be most grateful for some input and hope that I am posting this plea for help in an appropriate section fo the forum.
Gaga

See less See more
#2 ·
I know for the Asus P6TD that I run they screw in from the back of the board through the pcb into the nb heatsink.

I would imagine it would be the same for that one as they use the same layout and design.

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by gagabyte
View Post

It seems that my Asus PT6 v2 MB is defective. I tried to be cautious and had the board professionally modified for water cooling.
I have read elsewhere that removing the heatsink should not invalidate the guarantee, but I have subequently been told by the supplier of the board that it should be returned in the same state as it was supplied.

I have all the original parts (I think, since I did not open the box before sending the board off for the modification). The original heatpipe system was returned by the company that carried out the modification (which involved no more than fitting waterblocks and installing the processor).
The heatpipe assembly has two spring-loaded screws around the northbridge cooler which have been srews in for retention.

Since I did not look at the board prior to modification, I need to know whether the springs are on the top - between the northbridge and the top surface of the board - or whether they are just screwed in from bottom of the board - in which case the two black stand out.

I should be most grateful for some input and hope that I am posting this plea for help in an appropriate section fo the forum.
Gaga

i would of thought the "modders" tested the board first before shipping it back to you ??

could be wrong though.. might be worth ringing them and asking them

or was it all working with you, and you killed it ?

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJWarden
View Post

i would of thought the "modders" tested the board first before shipping it back to you ??

could be wrong though.. might be worth ringing them and asking them

or was it all working with you, and you killed it ?

I'm afraid I haven't been able to receive a clear answer from the modders.
The board was installed with great care and attention to static. PSU is a top-of-the-line Enermax. It has never booted. Cannot figure whose fault it is.
Repaceing the heatpipe assembly was not difficult. However, the srews and springs at the bottom stand out and this looks odd. I suppose I should take the whole assemby off again and then reseat it, starting with nothbridge.
Thanks
Gaga

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.