Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have to leave for the airport in 2 hours, I am trying to sync music to my Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone, and unlike before, the only thing Windows Media Player sees is the phone with only 54MB of Memory and not my 2GB Storage Card which it used to see before reinstalling Windows. Help needed very fast! Memory card is properly inserted, I can see it when browsing my device...

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HELP! I don't have the 24 hours to bump left, and google isn't being friendly right now!

·
Premium Member
5,049 Posts
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

*just watched the IT crowd lol...

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
If you have a card reader, manually copy the files ? and as mentioned below, make sure they are in the right format.

edit : @Emmanuel : can you see the device in device manager or my computer or something similar ?

@ Niko-Time : lol

·
Registered
659 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lanky View Post
If you have a card reader, manually copy the files ?

edit : @ Niko-Time : lol
X2, That is how I have to do it on my phone. Make sure that they are in the correct file.

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No no, my phone is connected, it's detected my Windows Mobile Device Center, I can see the storage card while browsing the phone, but Windows Media Player unlike before will refuse to see something else than the integrated 54MB of memory. I even tried taking the card in and out while it was connected to the PC but to no avail.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmanuel View Post
No no, my phone is connected, it's detected my Windows Mobile Device Center, I can see the storage card while browsing the phone, but Windows Media Player unlike before will refuse to see something else than the integrated 54MB of memory. I even tried taking the card in and out while it was connected to the PC but to no avail.
Sorry, i dont exactly understand what you mean by 'browing the phone' do you mean from the pc ? or literally on your phone ?

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did explore and it works, as I said, I am able to view all my storage card content directly from the computer.

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to attempt one last thing: reinstalling Windows Mobile Device Center.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Quote:

I did explore and it works, as I said, I am able to view all my storage card content directly from the computer.
Then can you not just manually transfer your music now ??? since you are in a hurry, no point in wasting time debugging the problem now. Later when you finish your trip/holiday/whateveritisyouaredoing , spend some more time on finding the problem.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lanky View Post
Then can you not just manually transfer your music now ??? since you are in a hurry, no point in wasting time debugging the problem now. Later when you finish your trip/holiday/whateveritisyouaredoing , spend some more time on finding the problem.
x2, No need to debug now, just copy and paste to the proper folder on the card, and all should work well. Save the fix for later.

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
just transfer music to the card munually if you can see it under my computer. Got to my music and copy the albums you want and paste them unde the 2 Gb card.

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know, only problem is that I won't have a playlist for it, that's what I had in mind anyway if I didn't find a solution. Reinstalling didn't work...

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
Find the music you want and just drop the folders into the card manually, as in through My computer ===> "device name" and explore for folder with other music. if not , restart your computer and then reinstall media player

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OMG have a big laugh people, look at what I find in Windows Update....

#$^$%^#$^%&$*%*%
LL

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
i win!, sorta. haha gj

·
Registered
659 Posts
Quote:

OMG have a big laugh people, look at what I find in Windows Update....

#$^$%^#$^%&$*%*%
lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts