Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so my 5970 won't work in the BIOS for whatever reason (screen goes off after a few seconds) so I have to install windows with another graphics card (XFX 4650) and switch it out.

After the installation, I swapped my 4650 out for my 5970 and it worked fine during the post and the "loading windows bit" but the second I logged into my account, my screen cut out.

What could be causing this? The other card isn't even in the computer anymore and before I removed it I uninstalled it in the device manager, then shut down and removed it. Literally 5 seconds after windows loads my desktop the screen goes into standby modes.

Also, this only started happening once I installed windows on my ssd in "RAID" mode in the bios and installing my two caviar blacks in RAID 0 for storage.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by djsi38t
View Post

If you clear your cmos and reset the board will your 5970 work in the bios?

No.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Wait ... so the 5970 DOES, or DOES NOT work 'in the bios', i.e. during the Post? Because one minute you said it did, and the next you said it didn't.

If you're saying that the card started malfunctioning when you installed the SSD and other drives in RAID, then unhook them, and switch the sata controller back to IDE mode. Now does the card work during the Post?

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by brettjv
View Post

Wait ... so the 5970 DOES, or DOES NOT work 'in the bios', i.e. during the Post? Because one minute you said it did, and the next you said it didn't.

If you're saying that the card started malfunctioning when you installed the SSD and other drives in RAID, then unhook them, and switch the sata controller back to IDE mode. Now does the card work during the Post?

The card works during POST, but if I go into the BIOS, the video will cut out after 5 seconds or so.

I got the card working in Windows I think, but it still isn't working in the BIOS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts