Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im going to frys in like 30 mins andi was wondering which heatsink/fan is the best cooler and MOST IMPORTANLY QUIET. and it for a 2.6ghz northwood...the most important thing is quiet than its best cooler..currently my cpu is running at adverage of 96ºF.. thanks

·
Registered
840 Posts
I heard that the Zalman7000Cu is very good and quiet. I'm not sure it's 7000Cu, I'll check, 1 moment

·
Registered
840 Posts
Zalman 7000B, that's the name for it.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well my current fan is running at 50% and i can barely hear it will the zalman run at that speed and be quiet and cool more than my current one?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thehacker11

well my current fan is running at 50% and i can barely hear it will the zalman run at that speed and be quiet and cool more than my current one?

What's your current one?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well stock cooling but its running at 54% and kinda quiet and is adverage temp of 96 load at 115MAX this is farenheight not celcuis

·
Registered
840 Posts
You'll definatly get better performance out of the Zalman one and it's as quiet as stock I believe.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya sure it will cool more? and quiet AS stock or quieter THAN stock? and my stock is running at 54% dont forget...so it will cool better than 115 at load and 94 at normal? and should i even get it? will there be any improvements and no i cant oc this much its i can temp oc it to 300mhz more but it dont put much heat on it since i cant BIOS oc it

·
Registered
840 Posts
If you want silence, the Zalman is the best choice and it's all copper so you'll get a performance gain as well. So yes, it will cool better at a noise level of just 27.5dB and that's at full blast.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'm sure you've heard.. "the cooler the better".. so you'll probably get more stability than using your stock cooler..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts