Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alrighty, i got a comp that i was restoring last night, trying to find CS:CZ, i deleted it earlier..i went back about 2 weeks, then i said, oh well. ill just reinstall it later, i turned the comp off and went to sleep, next i wake up, and when i boot it says this:

Windows could not start because the following file is miss or corrupt:
\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM32\\CONFIG\\SYSTEM

You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM

Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair.

ok now ive seen a few guides on how to recover like

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545/en-us

but when i set my BIOS to boot off of the windows setup cd-rom it says
To boot off of cd-rom press any key . . . .
but i cant seem to press any keys until the 5 period point pops up and goes back to the error page. this really sucks.

EDIT: oh and by the way , i set all my settings back to default, like voltages, fsb from 250 to 200mhz. it still wont boot.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
During POST, try hitting F8 repeatedly as if you were hitting delete to get into bios.

A menu should pop up for boot options like safe mode, etc. Choose "Last known working configuration"

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tried that earlier, and just tried it again, no luck...if anyone could please help. im really stuck. thnx

·
Registered
554 Posts
Is it a USB keyboard? If so, do you have an adapter to plug it into the PS/2 port? Try that, or get a PS/2 keyboard and plug that in. That should at least solve your keyboard problem. After that, try the recovery cd.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
problem was resolved thnx to Xavier

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.