Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about to hit the "Place Order" button on the EKWB website, when I read the little notice about Customs. I remember having to pay quite a bit extra for items that were ordered internationally (I am in the USA) and there was quite a delay in shipment because it sat in some Customs warehouse for a bit of time. So, instead I did some hunting and found (through OCN) a reseller in Florida who I placed the order with to avoid any delay and additional charges for Customs processing.

I like ordering directly from a manufacturer, but did not do so in this case. For a $600 order, does anyone have any idea/experience on what that custom charge and shipping delay would currently have been?

FWIW, I managed to save an additional 5.5% on my order by using the overlock discount code OCN55!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Most of the stuff that I've ordered direct from EK gets to the US pretty quickly in my experience. The only time I had an issue was when I ordered some of their cryofuel coolant. UPS made me pay a fee because the coolant is considered hazardous material (roughly $15 if I remember right) in order to have the entire package released, which included a bunch of other water cooling parts.

My experience was that DHL was generally faster than UPS for roughly the same price from Slovenia to California. I never had any issues with packages clearing customs, even on orders of several hundred dollars. I had stuff in hand like 3-5 days of ordering typically.

I'd still encourage you to shop around as you already discovered. Sometimes places like Performance PCs can end up being cheaper overall.

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
Yeah, I've had good experiences with ordering direct from EK. My most recent order was on February 26th and I had the item by March 1st.

·
Overclocker in training
13,987 Posts
Hi,
Yeah not much of a delay depending on which shipping choice was picked
ups tracking usually 4-5 days they do get purchases out the door fast mostly I believe before we can change our minds :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts